bank 1 and 2 rich codes.....?

keeno

Mustang Freak
Reaction score
Keep getting the "bank 1 and bank 2 too rich" codes. Didnt write the P code #'s down. Keep clearing them with my tuner.
I am running the Roush (airaid) CAI with the venturi tube in place. I'm sure it said there was no tune required because the insert keeps the MAF diameter the same as stock. I also bought a used Diablosport predator tuner with C&L tunes loaded in it. I am running the "C&L street 91 octane" tune. I run 93 octane gas though. I'm guessing that tune is for the larger MAF opening of the C&L street intake. Could this be causing my rich condition? If I remove the venturi tube in the Roush intake to open up the MAF diameter will this possibly get my mixture a little leaner? What is the diameter difference of the C&L street MAF opening and an "uncorked" Roush opening? Will that be too much air for a stock motor?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Keep getting the "bank 1 and bank 2 too rich" codes. Didnt write the P code #'s down. Keep clearing them with my tuner.
I am running the Roush (airaid) CAI with the venturi tube in place. I'm sure it said there was no tune required because the insert keeps the MAF diameter the same as stock. I also bought a used Diablosport predator tuner with C&L tunes loaded in it. I am running the "C&L street 91 octane" tune. I run 93 octane gas though. I'm guessing that tune is for the larger MAF opening of the C&L street intake. Could this be causing my rich condition? If I remove the venturi tube in the Roush intake to open up the MAF diameter will this possibly get my mixture a little leaner? What is the diameter difference of the C&L street MAF opening and an "uncorked" Roush opening? Will that be too much air for a stock motor?

I believe the codes you got were the p0172 and p175.. I had those codes pop up a few times over the months, but not often. I told my tuner about it and he did something and said that should fix it. The changes you have done sounds like whats causing the issue. If you cant put your car back to stock and fix the issue then You can try to find someone to do a mail order tune. I personally would see if you can find the c&L intake instead.. you will solve your tune issue and have more pawa! :2cents:

raynman83

Novice Left Hand Turnist
Reaction score
I would go and recheck all of the connections from the air filter on into the TB. I get those codes whenever my intake comes loose (not often, but has happened). Tighten them down, clear the codes, and see if it helps.

keeno

Mustang Freak
Reaction score
I really want to keep the Roush intake since it is a Roush. I hear the opening in the Roush or Airaid is actually slightly larger than the C&L (with the venturi tube removed)..? I figure if I can get the opening size closer to what the tune was programmed for it will lean up the mixture some?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back