Basement Bar

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
Man that is super awesome I want to do something like that to my garage but where will my car sleep.

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man that is super awesome I want to do something like that to my garage but where will my car sleep.
Anything is possible just have to use your imagination. I had no plan for any of this. I just went with it and now it is what it is.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i got to get pics of my gridlfriends fathers bar. he used to play hockey for the fdny team. he started bringing home all the broken sticks from the games and parctices and made a bar top out of them. the top is all sanded smooth and laquered, but underneath still has all the stick designs on it.

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
just saw this thread and damn thats some nice work! good job on the bar
Thanks

i got to get pics of my gridlfriends fathers bar. he used to play hockey for the fdny team. he started bringing home all the broken sticks from the games and parctices and made a bar top out of them. the top is all sanded smooth and laquered, but underneath still has all the stick designs on it.
I want to find something else to do on the top. I was thinking about cutting my beer can collection up and and laying them out and doing epoxy overlay.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
That's badass! I still need to finish my basement sometime. Did you build the bar?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
I want to find something else to do on the top. I was thinking about cutting my beer can collection up and and laying them out and doing epoxy overlay.

that would look pretty badass. they sell kits for you to do that at art supply stores.

some ideas i have seen that would be cool also are

running water under glass. easy enough to do. just need a fish tank pump and some sort of storage tank. also, you would probably have to tilt the bad one way or the other to get it to flow. also some food coloring so you can actually see the water as well.

crushed glass top. a couple of glass sheets layed together and crushed with a solid piece on top. looks kinda crazy

Last edited:

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's badass! I still need to finish my basement sometime. Did you build the bar?
Thanks, yeah I did everything myself. May I just suggest do not do an aquarium.

that would look pretty badass. they sell kits for you to do that at art supply stores.

some ideas i have seen that would be cool also are

running water under glass. easy enough to do. just need a fish tank pump and some sort of storage tank. also, you would probably have to tilt the bad one way or the other to get it to flow. also some food coloring so you can actually see the water as well.

crushed glass top. a couple of glass sheets layed together and crushed with a solid piece on top. looks kinda crazy
I like that water idea.

big-j

Reaction score
thats bad ass man i cant wait to get a house and do shit like that to it

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
HAHA Red bull cooler FTMFW man I can live off that shit . The aquarium came out badass too I have a 100 gallon I should be cranking back up here soon . I used to have a few big (9-12" ) koi in it then went with a 5' python well lets just say the feeder mice fubar'd the damn corner sealant so I am working on that too as I have time . I'd love to do another snake pit but the wife said it's either her or the snake .....dammit I'm going to miss her haha .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back