Battery Maintainer

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
I store my car all winter and it rarely gets started and moved around. I have noticed if it sits for any period of time, the battery is dead or low on charge. I have heard S197's are bad about dead batteries when storing the car for long periods. Not sure the reason but I'm guessing its something to do with the radio.

I would love to be able to put my car up on blocks, pull the battery out, and leave it sit all winter. Problem is that I have a small garage and need to occasionally move the car to make more room. Right now I am putting ceramic tile in my kitchen and need the garage for working space.

I am going to get a trickle charger (aka battery maintainer). We have good quality ones here at work for about $30 and I plan to hook it up later today. Anyone run a trickle charger on their 'stang and have pics of where they mounted theirs? I want to keep it as inconspicuous as possible!! Anyone else want to bitch about how winter sucks for a car guy? lol.

Oh and one more thing: FUCK YOU WINTER!:rant:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I have 3 Shumaucher ones from Walmart I've used for YEARS on my Harley, Mustangs, and lawnmower. Not a single problem and batteries stay nice and charged.

Mines far from inconspicuous as seen HERE but when I disconnect and drive the car to a show or something, I tuck the charging wire behind the battery so it doesn't show.

Last edited:

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
I highly recommend the CTEK 3300 - they're not the cheapest, but they are among the BEST.

31zoGD3xu1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
I have 3 Shumaucher ones from Walmart I've used for YEARS on my Harley, Mustangs, and lawnmower. Not a single problem and batteries stay nice and charged.

Mines far from inconspicuous as seen HERE but when I disconnect and drive the car to a show or something, I tuck the charging wire behind the battery so it doesn't show.

Your engine bay is looking good man. I may just totally remove mine in the summer months.

I highly recommend the CTEK 3300 - they're not the cheapest, but they are among the BEST.

31zoGD3xu1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That one does look to be very high quality!!

What's sad about this is that my 23 year old Fox body T-bird will sit literally all winter and will start with the 1st turn of the key come spring.

Last edited:

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
That one does look to be very high quality!!

What's sad about this is that my 23 year old Fox body T-bird will sit literally all winter and will start with the 1st turn of the key come spring.

Here's the CTEK link for more details. I have a 3300 and a 7002 model for my vehicles. I've been very impressed with them - excellent quality and intelligent for mulitiple types of batteries.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Will these ctek maintainers work on a dry cell battery? I have a lightweight dynabat and I need a trickle charger for it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back