Battery type?

John Logan

Reaction score
What is your favorite battery for your mustang? I’ve had red tops, yellow tops, and O’Reilly brand batteries… I think the Yellow has been the best for me but they also cost a pretty penny.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Deka, any gold battery at your local parts store will be made by them.

GriffX

Reaction score
I don't think that you can buy the same quality from 10 years ago, so my experience is not so important. I try to buy a battery which can be opened for refill.

totaljustice

Reaction score
Motorcraft. In 16 years of ownership only had to replace it one time. The original battery went about 10 years. But, I also keep my car on a battery tender 100% of the time it's not being driven.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I second this. I got 10 years and 214,000 kms (133,000 miles for those of you of the Imperial persuasion) from the stock battery in my 2012. Ford made a Motorcraft Battery guy out of me.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Interstate blem units. Last one I had was a little over 7 years old when it finally stopped working in the mustang.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I have bought all my batteries at Batteries And Bulbs (used to be Batteries Plus) for the last 10-12 years. I put an AGM battery in my 2014 Mustang when the original crapped out after 30 months. I also have an AGM battery in my 2016 F150. I used batteries from them for my bucket trucks and chipper as well as their deep cycle batteries for my dump trailers.

tirefriar

Reaction score
I "inherited" a AAA battery in the Saleen. Would have much preferred the Motorcraft but the current one is still strong. I do disconnect it if the car has to sit for a while.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Here's what you don't want...... and that's getting your local Ford dealer (or anybody else) to do a ....'battery test' as part of their inspection process.

Depending on how long they lay the dead short across the battery terminals, will determine how fast they fuck up your battery. '540 amps of measured cold cranking current'. That's nice. Meanwhile the start motor only draws 1/4 of that. Just use it till it won't start...then replace it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back