BBK Shorty equal length headers on 5.0

hightechrdn

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone run or dyno'd BBK's Shorty equal length headers on a coyote 5.0? I live in a county with emissions testing. Leaving the stock cats in place is my safest bet to get through the yearly check. If a go with LT headers and high flow cats, I am not sure whether the ECM will throw a code (readiness check for rear O2 sensors can not be disabled).

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
WIth LT's you would throw a code unless had a tune.

WBT is running BBK shorties. He has made just as much power as LT cars. And his track times are right there with them as well.

hightechrdn

forum member
Reaction score

Great information. Wow did you stir things up by not having a "before" dyno run :)

Do you still think the mid range dip in power is caused by the Shorty headers? It makes sense that is below your rpm range on the track, but I am trying to decide whether for street use they are a good choice.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Great information. Wow did you stir things up by not having a "before" dyno run :)

Do you still think the mid range dip in power is caused by the Shorty headers? It makes sense that is below your rpm range on the track, but I am trying to decide whether for street use they are a good choice.

There is a definite shift in the power curve to the right by around 500RPM. They are a great compliment to using a Boss intake.

If I were building a primarily street car with some track duty, long tubes with the stock intake would be my choice. That said, with the gearing I am using, I don't notice any real loss in the middle. The time spent in that range is very little. Hope that helps. :beerchug2:

hightechrdn

forum member
Reaction score
There is a definite shift in the power curve to the right by around 500RPM. They are a great compliment to using a Boss intake.

If I were building a primarily street car with some track duty, long tubes with the stock intake would be my choice. That said, with the gearing I am using, I don't notice any real loss in the middle. The time spent in that range is very little. Hope that helps. :beerchug2:

Makes perfect sense. Thanks again for the information.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
wbt couldn't of said it any better. If you're running a boss intake and some good gears, the shorties compliment it really nicely. It pushes all of your power up top where the boss manifold is breathing.

squidzx6

forum member
Reaction score
damn very good read wbt....now im not sure whether i will maxamize my car because i have the 3.31s will rarely/never see the track strictly my daily/street car, and if im losing mid range power i would def need gears with the shortys to be efficient but that 429! i really want to be there....then i know i will be hanging around with a stock zo6.....

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
damn very good read wbt....now im not sure whether i will maxamize my car because i have the 3.31s will rarely/never see the track strictly my daily/street car, and if im losing mid range power i would def need gears with the shortys to be efficient but that 429! i really want to be there....then i know i will be hanging around with a stock zo6.....

Thanks!

If you want to rev your car to the moon then the Boss intake coupled with the shorties and O/R X will be the ticket. If not, stick with the stock intake and go with BBK longtubes with O/R x. Either choice, a 3.73 would be my gear of preference for the street. For the track, a 3.90 is the best bet with a 28" tire for the M6 2011+ GT.

Hope that helps. :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back