BBR TUNE

Silver11gt

Reaction score
I have a 2011 auto. It has a frpp cold air intake,cj intake, gt500 tbody off road x pipe. And a zex 150 shot tuned by BBR I see all the negative comments on here I have had the best service and tunes are great after logging them. AF is great and timing is on point

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mazel Tov

You joined us today to enlighten us with this wisdom?

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
whats your point? how long have you worked at BBR?

places get bad rep for the few bad deals or tunes they do. They still have many others without issues, but its taking the risk of going to someone who has shown to do poor work on occasion that gives a company that bad rep.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
With this level of wisdom and insight, I think we should solely rely on your ideas and solutions for the transgender bathroom crisis.

Silver11gt

Reaction score
I don't work for them just saying I've had no problems with their tunes. Brenspeed is where I bought these up and their tune was a joke and I can tell from the people that complain theydont even know what to look in a data log. So they just bash people and other people join the bandwagon cause it's cool

And then u have a lot of people like u and this is the reason the world is what it is

Last edited by a moderator:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Back when BBR used to be a forum sponsor they ended up losing their reputation due to several things. There were the blown engines, there were multiple instances of lousy service on the verge of ripping off customers, there were many instances of engines built by them with serious issues and I don't think they ever warrantied a single one. Then there were the stories of them stuffing ballot boxes for drawings and multiple other shady dealings. Just reading the posts on this forum from the BBR staff gave you the creepy feeling that they were scum. By the time they left this forum they had pretty much completely worn out their welcome.

So if you think you can join this forum to make your first post singing the praises of BBR and think you're going to change anybody's mind about them, you got a long way to go.

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
LOL @ ballot box stuffing, I remember that with, Liz.
I personally never had issues with them, but I didn't like the tune they have my for my 3v, went with brenspeed afterwards and was happy with their tune.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i used to be a big fan of BBR until that asshat steve started working there. he was instrumental in turning the tide against the shop.

Silver11gt

Reaction score
I was just wandering if any one used them now. Are they better now than before cause like I said my tune is fine and no problem

The only people I talk with is Liz and chris

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was just wandering if any one used them now. Are they better now than before cause like I said my tune is fine and no problem

The only people I talk with is Liz and chris

Randy,

you'll be hard pressed to find many members on this site that use BBR at this point.

:whistle1:

wandering - traveling aimlessly from place to place; itinerant.

Silver11gt

Reaction score
Well then I'll leave there name out but love my car and the power so I'll stick on that lol

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't work for them just saying I've had no problems with their tunes. Brenspeed is where I bought these up and their tune was a joke and I can tell from the people that complain theydont even know what to look in a data log. So they just bash people and other people join the bandwagon cause it's cool

And then u have a lot of people like u and this is the reason the world is what it is

So just how are Brenspeed tunes such a joke in your opinion ? I don't ever recall anyone complaining about the quality of their tunes.. As Brent and his staff have been in the Mustang tuning industry for well over 10 years and were also an authorized Saleen service center until the lawsuit battle between Revstone and Steve Saleen took place which ended up taking such a financial toll that it resulted in Saleen having to file for bankruptcy protection..

Personally speaking, I've been running my Brenspeed FI tune for nearly 2 years and never ran into any issues whatsoever.. I've also had the Brenspeed tune checked on the dyno by one of my local tuners and every parameter was spot on including the air/fuel ratio.. Afterwards I was told that if I were to have my car custom tuned on the dyno, the best I could possibly expect to get, is perhaps an additional 10 more HP, if even that..

When I asked for his recommendation, his exactly words were this.. Don't even bother wasting your money.. That's how impressed the shop was with the Brenspeed tune.. Prior to my Brenspeed tunes, my previous tunes were from Doug Studdard, founder of Bamachips.. However once I upgraded to FI, I could no longer run Doug's tunes, so I ended up going with Brenspeed and haven't had any regrets ever since..

I also know from personal experience, that Brent and his staff value each and every one of their customers by resolving any issues you may with your tunes and will re-write you a revised file to upload into your programmer via e-mail if necessary at no additional cost..

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
BBR has great GT500 throttle body adapters... there, I made a pro-BBR statement.

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
I miss my original motor. Thanks BBR, I didn't need it or the huge pile of cash needed to replace it. Dat detonation doe. #probbr #whatknock?

Silver11gt

Reaction score
So just how are Brenspeed tunes such a joke in your opinion ? I don't ever recall anyone complaining about the quality of their tunes.. As Brent and his staff have been in the Mustang tuning industry for well over 10 years and were also an authorized Saleen service center until the lawsuit battle between Revstone and Steve Saleen took place which ended up taking such a financial toll that it resulted in Saleen having to file for bankruptcy protection..

Personally speaking, I've been running my Brenspeed FI tune for nearly 2 years and never ran into any issues whatsoever.. I've also had the Brenspeed tune checked on the dyno by one of my local tuners and every parameter was spot on including the air/fuel ratio.. Afterwards I was told that if I were to have my car custom tuned on the dyno, the best I could possibly expect to get, is perhaps an additional 10 more HP, if even that..

When I asked for his recommendation, his exactly words were this.. Don't even bother wasting your money.. That's how impressed the shop was with the Brenspeed tune.. Prior to my Brenspeed tunes, my previous tunes were from Doug Studdard, founder of Bamachips.. However once I upgraded to FI, I could no longer run Doug's tunes, so I ended up going with Brenspeed and haven't had any regrets ever since..

I also know from personal experience, that Brent and his staff value each and every one of their customers by resolving any issues you may with your tunes and will re-write you a revised file to upload into your programmer via e-mail if necessary at no additional cost..

Well I bought my whole set from them. Including a nitrous. I wanted to spray 150 and they would just tune for 75 so that kinda up set me then I got my new tunes and not only feel the difference but my logs are great

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well I bought my whole set from them. Including a nitrous. I wanted to spray 150 and they would just tune for 75 so that kinda up set me then I got my new tunes and not only feel the difference but my logs are great

Did you ever think that perhaps the reason Brenspeed didn't want to tune for 150, was they didn't feel it was safe for your particular application ?

And was this also for a custom e-mail tune or a custom dyno tune ?

If it was for a custom e-mail tune, I can definitely understand why they wouldn't just write you a 150 nitrous tune, but would strongly recommend that your car be custom dyno tuned instead..

However Brenspeed does not offer remote tuning via data logging, as I'm sure they informed you prior to purchasing your setup from them..

At any rate, I would much rather trust my car to a tuning shop such as Brenspeed that's going to be upfront and honest with you as to what is best for your car, rather than just sell you a setup that claims will give your car the most HP and Torque, but is not proven to be safe that may end up destroying your engine in the process instead..

I will agree on one thing though.. IMO Brenspeed should offer remote tuning, but I can also understand why they don't.. As they simply just don't have enough time due to being way too busy writing custom e-mail tunes for thousands of they're existing customers, in addition to also offering custom dyno tuning sessions for them as well..

Anyhow that's just my opinion as a long term Brenspeed customer..

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I really can't comment on BBR, as I'm not familiar with their calibration tunes, however if the OP claims they provided him with a remote custom tune and were able to make the proper adjustments submitted from his data log files ? Then as long as his air/fuel and spark parameters are spot on, his tune should turn out just fine..

But I would strongly advise he take his car to a local shop and have it checked on the dyno anyhow just to make certain the tune is safe :shrug:

As my for myself personally, I'll stick with custom tuners such as Brenspeed, JDM, Lund, VMP and Lito who have long and established reputations/experience in the tuning industry :waytogo:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back