Beefcake vs BBR

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
okay so basically your telling me that power by the hour builds their own motors too right? Because both Power by the Hour and Blow By Racing use the same engine builder... Your argument is invalid.

You wanted video here you go... this is before the e85 and other upgrades...I know you cant see the time.. but you can obviously tell this car left hard and moved...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUdlvSGEgyc

FYI, putting words into peoples mouths just isn't cool. You just made up a statement that wasn't said and accredited it to someone.

BBR started this whole thing. I'm sure that if they just apologized in a sincere manner and stopped being on the attack the bashing would stop.

At the end of the day there are forum members who have given their hard earned money to BBR and gotten negative equity as a result. It's really hard to get away from a rep that bad.

This is the only site where customers experiences count and vendors can't get the negative whitewashed because they are "paying vendors". You can still go to the fanboy sites and sing the praises of who screwed you over but members will call you on it here.

Loudmouth1o

forum member
Reaction score
Really? Let's take a look at YOUR history.

Hmmm. Ended up not so well.

Mmm hmmm. Gear install didn't end up so well either.

Well, no shit, that tune didn't end up so well either, and you had to buy a shortblock.

Tell me how good things have been with them again?

Better yet, this built shortblock you have, you know the one about which you said:

How quick does it get down the track? Quicker than mine that is OEM ford and has never even had a cam cover off? Let's see some timeslips and videos of this beast of yours tearing ass down the track.

Or, you might just be full of bullshit. Just like BBR.

Gear instal was not my Chris himself... Was a new mechanic at the time... Chris himself fixed the problem a week later..

Tune on my current car when it went was a Torq performance tune went to their dyno day and ended up blowing white smoke like crazy after 5 WOT pulls on the dyno. After the rebuild still ran a BBR tune and its been in the car ever since. More than 30k miles...

And to prove you all wrong yet again when Chris was running the Procharger on his car he successfully made it down the track... There are videos of it on YouTube so once again, your argument is invalid.

I would be a douchebag to you all also if all you do if talk shit on the forums. Especially when they know who you are then call up to see if they have a cheaper price on an item.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Gear instal was not my Chris himself... Was a new mechanic at the time... Chris himself fixed the problem a week later..

Tune on my current car when it went was a Torq performance tune went to their dyno day and ended up blowing white smoke like crazy after 5 WOT pulls on the dyno. After the rebuild still ran a BBR tune and its been in the car ever since. More than 30k miles...

And to prove you all wrong yet again when Chris was running the Procharger on his car he successfully made it down the track... There are videos of it on YouTube so once again, your argument is invalid.

I would be a douchebag to you all also if all you do if talk shit on the forums. Especially when they know who you are then call up to see if they have a cheaper price on an item.

And still no showing of what your car does on the bbr tune at the track.

from my S4 in your sisters bed

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
I've talked to BBR once on the phone. Their attitude, shady questions about Terrys prices, and a few other things ended up causing me to write them off.

Since then, I have spent close to $30K on my car at which 90% of it went to Terry.

Shops make or break themselves on customer service. Terry has treated me very well, and I consider him a friend now. I WILL NOT go through anyone else for my car. That's what customer service does for a shop/business...

FUCK BBR.

Sent from your moms room...

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I've talked to BBR once on the phone. Their attitude, shady questions about Terrys prices, and a few other things ended up causing me to write them off.

Since then, I have spent close to $30K on my car at which 90% of it went to Terry.

Shops make or break themselves on customer service. Terry has treated me very well, and I consider him a friend now. I WILL NOT go through anyone else for my car. That's what customer service does for a shop/business...

FUCK BBR.

Sent from your moms room...

I agree. I talked to Bbr a while back about something n had some woman talk to me like I was a piece of shit. I also agree customer service is number one. I dealt with another shop that treated me like a second rate idiot as well. Since I've dealt with JPC n they're awesome. I never dealt with terry but I almost was going to buy that motor out from under u Lol.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Keith you arent allowed to talk negatively about anyone. Geez arent you tired of the bashing, isnt it old already. God yall sound like a broken record. Or wait is it ok to bash BBR but not AED? I forget. :lol:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I agree. I talked to Bbr a while back about something n had some woman talk to me like I was a piece of shit. I also agree customer service is number one. I dealt with another shop that treated me like a second rate idiot as well. Since I've dealt with JPC n they're awesome. I never dealt with terry but I almost was going to buy that motor out from under u Lol.

Ran into the same thing a few years ago. I had already made a deal with bbr via pm but they asked me to call ext. xxx to place the order. I call and this crazy woman insists that I don't want xxx valvesprings but instead I want Manley nextec which are known for failing and will only handle .500 lift. She also wanted to charge me more. That was absolutely the rudest person I ever tried to give my money to. Sometimes businesses forget it's the customers money and the customer can spend it wherever they want.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Keith you arent allowed to talk negatively about anyone. Geez arent you tired of the bashing, isnt it old already. God yall sound like a broken record. Or wait is it ok to bash BBR but not AED? I forget. :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's OK to bash BBR...Oh wait...

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Fuck BBR!!!! Their customer service is shit now that John is gone and Steve took over. He is a total cocky ass wipe. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
I got banned from that nutswinging site known as SVT for speaking the truth. I love this forum cause you can post your thoughts and not get banned for it. So in closing FUCK BBR and its little cocky nutswingers.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck BBR!!!! Their customer service is shit now that John is gone and Steve took over. He is a total cocky ass wipe. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
I got banned from that nutswinging site known as SVT for speaking the truth. I love this forum cause you can post your thoughts and not get banned for it. So in closing FUCK BBR and its little cocky nutswingers.

I got banned for same thing..

from my S4 in your sisters bed

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score

So no response to your initial comment about work that didn't go well there, which was prior to the gear install.

Gear install went wrong too, but it was fixed afrer having to take it back, and to you that is OK.

Ok, maybe you have an explanation about the engine.

But, you still didn't say what your car runs, after saying you went with them because they get cars down the track. So, did your car get down the track? Or, rather than actually racing do you just talk about it, much like like BBR does?

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score

You have proven nothing. We all could give ZERO FUCKS about any claim you make and if you feel you have to defend them saying, "they have made it down the track, oh my gawd they so awesome guyz!" it just makes it worse for them. The fact is, they called Terry out and didn't show because they knew damn well even a customer car boasting a 5.4 would get walked with ease and they have no 5.0 shop car thats even able to push passed 60' without dying (reference KOTS if you don't believe us). BBR is a piece of shit company that has lost all credibility witg TRUE ENTHUSIASTS not blind nutswingers such as yourself.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score

I'm gonna cut you so deep, you's gonna wish I didn't cut you so deep.
LOL!!

Gear install went wrong too, but it was fixed afrer having to take it back, and to you that OK
Nothing wrong with that. Nobody's perfect. If they fuck up and are willing to fix it, let them. Especially w gears. Most will just blame it on the gears instead of taking any responsibility. Gear install horror stories all over the net. Most installers are part tarded and have no clue though lol

Last edited:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Nah, small difference. Same people all the time in 60 different threads vs scattered unhappy customers in the same thread. I'm good lol.

Kris302

forum member
Reaction score
a BBR tune ended up costing me 8 grand (yeah i could have fixed it cheaper but i wanted the alluminator) car had the tune in it for just over month when it ate shit. only mods were a jlt intake and headers. so yeah.....fuck BBR.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Seems like I am one of the lucky ones... ordered a tune from BBR and didn't have any issues. Car definitely lost a little power from the previous custom tune to the BBR one but nothing was destroyed. Would I buy from them again, no... I unfortunately had to deal with the old lady as well and her shitty attitude moved my business to another vendor.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back