Belt change on a KB car??

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of doing a belt change on a KB car. Im sure its simple enough but for my first time i'd like to have some guidance.

If anybody is getting ready to change their belt and can snap some pics for step by step that would be great..or if you have pics already

thanks!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Somebody else asked me about this. If no one posts by Thursday, I'll have someone video me doing a pulley swap at the track and post it up. It literally takes about 2 minutes and is easy peasy but seeing it on vid would be a lot better than a written note.

The key to changing a belt is to know (or have a diagram if you don't remember exactly) of the belt routing. With that done, all you need is a breaker bar and that's it for a belt swap. Stick the breaker bar in the tensioner and push forward which causes the belt to give slack. Take the belt off and put on the new one and push the breaker bar foward again to give slack and the last wrap you do on the belt is around the blower pulley. The longest and hardest part of this endeavor, is routing the belt correctly. Your first couple times, it really helps to use a diagram but after 1 or 2 times, you'll have it down in less than a minute.

Last edited:

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks Mark

i've got to start learning this stuff and i know most of it is simple enough, im just the type that likes to have a little instruction before i get into it

thanks again for doing a vid, that will be great!

- Mike

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No problem. My first time I changed the belt, I pulled the old belt completely out and I had the new belt in my hands and was like, 'uh...how does thing go on again?'...lol I had to get the diagram to remember.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry Mike - nobody showed up to Irwindale last night and I was on my own so couldn't get the vid. Won't be back till after thanksgiving. If you still want it then, let me know and I'll make it next time.

Mark

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah that would be great Mark...I think there are quite a few guys who like to see that vid besides myself.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back