Best axlebacks? 3.7L V6

-PmP-

forum member
Reaction score
So I've been considering buying some axlebacks for my 2014. I've been trying to do some research for good quality sound clips or videos, but it's always hard to tell with all the different recording devices out there. I was curious if anyone had found a good brand to go with. Looking for a deeper rumble. Leaning towards the magnaflow's.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brian - it's a V6.... so who cares....

Josh - didn't read those posting rules I suggested yet? please do... best sounding muffler, what color stripe, what spoiler looks cool... etc.... threads are not Tech topics and are the sort of things this board was created to get away from

-PmP-

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I thought this would qualify. I apologize. If it makes the gods happy feel free to delete the thread. Sorry for making a noob mistake. I will do better I promise.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
/\ :beer:

This should be a lesson to n00bs

Wish I had a solid reference to make a suggestion.

JimC

Reaction score
"Best" is very subjective. What sounds good to one person will sound terrible to another. The only way to know what is "best" is to listen to different set ups and determine which one has the sound that you are looking for.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I like Borla's, even for V6, but like JimC said, it is very subjective to what sounds best. It took me months of videos, and testing out cars in person with aftermarket exhausts to come to my decision.

If I went with a V6, I was going to do something similar to this, but it is very very loud when you go O/R midpipes on either motor:

However, S-type or Touring (quieter than S-Type) sound a hell of a lot better than that setup.

Last edited:

AndrewS197

forum member
Reaction score
It's all preference. Get what sounds best to you. Stay away from Pypes though. Buddy of mine at work has a 3.7 with Pypes axle backs and they are crooked as f**k. Fitment is awful. Lol. He straightened them out a few times and they continue to go back crooked.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Did Mustangforums.com burn down or something?:roflmao:

Yes, and I struck the match.

I'm sorry. I thought this would qualify. I apologize. If it makes the gods happy feel free to delete the thread. Sorry for making a noob mistake. I will do better I promise.

:thumb2:

There might be hope for this one.

Agreed, Pypes sucks. I had them for a week on my car and they sounded good but the fitment was awful. Go to Youtube and listen to a shit ton of clips until you find the sound you like.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I really like this forum, but you guys can be some real assholes.

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
Like mentioned above, your best bet is to listen to various combos and find out what you like best and what you can afford!

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
I would think a chambered muffler will sound better on the smaller engine to help deepen the sound. That's just based on my past experience with V6's and aftermarket exhaust.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back