Best Chasis/Frame Paint

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I'm looking for something to use on the rear axle and in a few spots on the belly. I need it to be brush on. I was looking at just forking over the money for POR15 but I wanted to hear what everyone else to say. I know POR15 is overpriced. I'd like to go with something that doesn't need a ton of prep. I know prep is everything with painting but lets face it I'm going to be touching it up anyways regardless of prep. Let's hear your experience and advice. Maybe I'll just bust my ass and do the million steps that it's going to require. LOL :chainsaw:

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
Rustoleum. You can get it at the local hardware store. Goes on thick, covers well and is not over priced. It is holding very well on my car.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Kind of what I'm leaning towards. What did you do for prep? Does it lay smooth with a brush? Foam or Hair brush? Thanks guys.

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
i just wiped down with some purple power, and brusjed on with a cheap 3.00 brush from the hardware store. ill post some pics for you. give me a few min

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
This one was taken while painting. you can see the spots not done and how it coverd. i think it turned out well.

IMG_1888.jpg

Hres another of the front.
IMG_1999.jpg

Back