BIG turbo Build thread

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score
The Owner would like us to keep the turbo on the DL for now. If something changes i will be sure to let you know

Hes getting the fabbed alum Moroso units when we put the real motor in

Here are some pics of the Headers
We went with the standard 1 5/8ths we are hoping for well over 1000. I guess we will see what it really throws down since it has a turbo 400?

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

i dunno we would be pretty stoked to hit 400

:roflmao:

on a serious note. i hope the wheels of fortune will show a grander, but its hard to say with a turbo 400

It better make quite a bit more than that my friend .:naughty1:

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Can you guys give us a heads up on what accessories you cannot run with the CG Turbo Headers ? I sent them a E-mail if they can be used with all accessories and at 1st they said yes , and then they said NO, but didnt say what could not be used .

Pete

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Can you guys give us a heads up on what accessories you cannot run with the CG Turbo Headers ? I sent them a E-mail if they can be used with all accessories and at 1st they said yes , and then they said NO, but didnt say what could not be used .

Pete

Water pump and alternator. NO AC / NO PS

kevmac

Reaction score
Pete, Delpino was asking the same thing and I eyeballed it with a header on a mockup engine. There is no way the P/S will bolt-on, its right in the way. I've been meaning to check and see if there is a way to bolt the P/S on down lower like the older cars. I think a few holes need to be drilled/tapped and a different oil filter/coolant adapter used. You might get an A/C compressor on it, it looked like it would be right on top of it(I didn't have a loose compressor to fit up at the time) but even if you could get it on, you would still have the battle of trying to get lines hooked up to it. Stock lines for sure will never work. Maybe when the car is all back together I'll take another look. Would be nice if there was a way to make it work somehow. You should pull all that stuff out of your car anyways, Ford put it in there for the ladies, and besides, it will go faster lol :thumb2:

killermustang

forum member
Reaction score
Pete, Delpino was asking the same thing and I eyeballed it with a header on a mockup engine. There is no way the P/S will bolt-on, its right in the way. I've been meaning to check and see if there is a way to bolt the P/S on down lower like the older cars. I think a few holes need to be drilled/tapped and a different oil filter/coolant adapter used. You might get an A/C compressor on it, it looked like it would be right on top of it(I didn't have a loose compressor to fit up at the time) but even if you could get it on, you would still have the battle of trying to get lines hooked up to it. Stock lines for sure will never work. Maybe when the car is all back together I'll take another look. Would be nice if there was a way to make it work somehow. You should pull all that stuff out of your car anyways, Ford put it in there for the ladies, and besides, it will go faster lol :thumb2:

ive seen this in another thread ill try to find it.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=983123&postcount=41

Last edited:

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score

Hahahahahah, Thanks Kevin. So Delpino was checking it out also for what his 05 . Thinking of going Turbo vs Procharger?
I wish I could just take the plunge and pull all that out already but Im still trying to keep it Street 100%. The motor is coming out next week and freshening it up , this time heads and cam and my Garrett GTX4202R. Will shoot for 8s with full 100% street.
Sorry for the hijack back to our original programming.

Pete

Last edited:

kevmac

Reaction score
Hahahahahah, Thanks Kevin. So Delpino was checking it out also for what his 05 . Thinking of going Turbo vs Procharger?
I wish I could just take the plunge and pull all that out already but Im still trying to keep it Street 100%. The motor is coming out next week and freshening it up , this time heads and cam and my Garrett GTX4202R. Will shoot for 8s with full 100% street.

Pete

Yes, for his 05 he bought a pair of 72mm precisions and the headers that Turbo Horsepower uses on their twin kits, but, because the turbos are considerably larger they will not bolt down due to interference with the wastegates. I think they might hit the hood too. The headers need a bunch of modifying to make them work so I think he is going back to the Procharger for now. I wish he would just buckle down and finish the turbo stuff...

Kev

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score

Pete

Good luck on your attempt at the 8's. should be a good build as well .

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score

Pete

Would be cool to see another 3v hit the 8's as a streetable car. Justin's ran 8's a few years back with his street equipment. Good Luck your car is sweet

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Pete
So now if I can beat a 9.68 The stock heads, cams, intake record will be mine! I figured you would chip it down a little more before you messed with the top end....

Very cool seeing so many guys on here stepping up their games!!
3VFTMFW!!!!:boobies:

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Would be cool to see another 3v hit the 8's as a streetable car. Justin's ran 8's a few years back with his street equipment. Good Luck your car is sweet

So now if I can beat a 9.68 The stock heads, cams, intake record will be mine! I figured you would chip it down a little more before you messed with the top end....

Very cool seeing so many guys on here stepping up their games!!
3VFTMFW!!!!:boobies:

Hey Nick , I would have loved to try for 9.50s I think it would have been possible with a little tighter converter now that I was pushing close to 26 to 27 psi's but after 3 years I think the motor was getting a little tired I was seeing alot of blow by recently and less vacuum at idle .
My last outing I hurt the headgasket so the motor needs to come out . Since its out I will do a little bit of work on the heads and cam so I can turn the motor up to 7k. This way I can take advantage of the New turbo . Old set up had a .81 a/r , new set up has a 1.01 so its going to have alot more top end charge.

Pete

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back