Bigger and Stronger than a dorm room

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Man I can't wait to get my house but I know how much work it takes to fix them and get them just the way you want too. I'm sure all the work is worth it in the end though. Can't wait to start my own house thread in a month or two

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
well new update today is that there is a good chance my house has astesbestos in it and now i am going to get it remove before i do all my flooring.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
don_w said:
When was it built?

It has lminate flooring under like every thing and that is what the home depot guy said, and thatnthey will not touch it so I have to get it tested for 20 bucks and if it is less than 1% I can do it my self.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score

It has lminate flooring under like every thing and that is what the home depot guy said, and thatnthey will not touch it so I have to get it tested for 20 bucks and if it is less than 1% I can do it my self.
Generally speaking, any asbestos in flooring is non-friable and a non-issue... UNLESS you start tearing it up. 95% of the time, it is much better to just put new flooring over it and just encapsulate any asbestos that might be there.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
don_w said:
Generally speaking, any asbestos in flooring is non-friable and a non-issue... UNLESS you start tearing it up. 95% of the time, it is much better to just put new flooring over it and just encapsulate any asbestos that might be there.

I would do that but I'm doing tile and they will not put it on top of the glue with the stuff in it. Aparentaly flooring like what I have is usualy less than 1% and is not a big deal. I got some scrapers and went to town today with a respirator on and it isint hard to get off.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I would do that but I'm doing tile and they will not put it on top of the glue with the stuff in it. Aparentaly flooring like what I have is usualy less than 1% and is not a big deal. I got some scrapers and went to town today with a respirator on and it isint hard to get off.
Unless you are using a HEPA-filter respirator, it isn't doing you any good for asbestos.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
don_w said:
Unless you are using a HEPA-filter respirator, it isn't doing you any good for asbestos.

Well damn I don't think mine are well I got 30-50 b4 I get cancer. I only dod like 1sqft

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back