BigPappy33's 5.4L GT500 Swap

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
no problems at all. Runs and drives perfect, only thing is now I go so damn fast I might need some new hood pins (and tires)!

Your car is one of my favs on the forum! I'd LOVE to have a GT500 motor in mine.

You did it right IMO. Retained the clean sexy lines of the Pre-'10 S197 with a big phat ass motor to wrap it up. Niiiiiiiice!!:thumb:

Great work guys!:beer:

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
You did it right IMO. Retained the clean sexy lines of the Pre-'10 S197 with a big phat ass motor to wrap it up. Niiiiiiiice!!:thumb:

That's why I went this route as well. It was this or get a new car. I prefer this over a new car. I love the 05-09 much better.

Hope you're still enjoying the car Alex!

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Mike! When do you get yours back? You better be stoppin' by when you get it from Bruce since you didn't ride out with me to get my rims hah!

Boozshey

Reaction score
Mike should have his car monday evening if all goes as plans. But with any build there can be delays.

nickD

forum member
Reaction score
The difference between the iron and aluminum block is 120lbs. I'll pass for the price difference.

there is more to the aluminum block then the weight difference, the power steering pumps are also electrically powered and not belt driven so they eliminate parasitic loss. Plus the new stock CAI and MAF. All told Ford was able to increase the stock HP and increase the average MPG to get out of the gas guzzler tax.

I maybe trying to justify my recent purchase here!!

Boozshey

Reaction score
Oh no, here goes... ;)

Notice I said Iron Block vs Aluminum Block. Not GT500 vs GT500... A swap like this you wouldn't transfere the electric powersteering. However, I'd like to know the weight difference between the two... Maybe that little bit of free hp by not spinning a little pump is being loss by having a heavier power steering system. As far as the CAI, Ford can keep any stock airbox they have, they are ugly to me. :) As for MPG, I don't even look at it! :(

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Mike should have his car monday evening if all goes as plans. But with any build there can be delays.

I see a green light under your name as if your ONLINE. Get back to work on iRoush's car and post some pics!!!!!!!:nk:

It's cold, raining and I'm bored here so I want to see some GT500 install carnage!!!!!!!!:thumb2:

I'd so love to have the coin to do this...........................

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Looking at tomorrow afternoon for the finished product. And wouldn't you know it, I get sick. FML.
\
I'd show up and drive the wheels off that beast with BOTH lungs on the outside of my body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No sickness could slow me down looking forward to those fat ass valve covers under the hood.:thumb2:

Boozshey said:
I probably show online a lot cause I never close my browser.

Just messin witcha. I do the same. lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back