Black or Polished Whipple?

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
So which one to get the black one or the polished one?
For those that have to polished one how hard are they to keep clean?

I've been looking at a lot of whipple pictures why are some of the water crossovers polished and some aren't?
Is someone making else making the carbon fiber CAI that I've been seeing?
It looks like none of the manifolds are polished.

Where do I find any info on the 3.4l Whipple? can't seem to find anything on the website about this one, can the HO kit be upgraded (doubtful) or is this a whole different kit?

Please post up some pictures of your Whipple installs; et's see what you got :shock:

Blazing Saddles

I'm a "Pro Tree" Hugger
Reaction score
The black one makes more power!!! :whistling:

Well in theory there is some truth to that statement. Black will dissapate heat quicker than polished aluminum. So while you're in boost it will take a little longer for the blower to heat up. When you get out of boost the blower will cool down quicker. So you should have a little bit more dense air available.

Back in the 70's we ran a junior fueler with the engine painted black. We always let our opponent fire up first about 30 seconds. We had a little more time available for the motor to heat up. Doing this our opponent with the flashy collored motors were heating up quicker and by the time we staged at the optimum temp our opponent was slightly over temp. We also set 2 world record ET's doing this. Ah the good old days. :trophy:

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If your going to race it Black...
If your going to f*ck it go for looks and get it polished :)

The 3.4 may be coming in a kit in the future, but right now it is all custom.

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score

I love my car....but not THAT much. :evil::shock:

The only reason I was thinking polished is I do alot of car shows and cruise nights....people like chrome at those shows.

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got black because my car is black and blue. I wasn't going to spend the extra for chrome. I took that money and bought LCA's and had them put in for the same amount. Get what makes you happy.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Reminds me of that quote:

"If it flies, floats, or f*cks, it's cheaper to rent"

Either way, I went polished, and it gets hotter than four hells, and costs more. But hey, I like useless under hood bling that costs money, is a pain the ass to keep clean, and ads weight. :samuri:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Personally I went black and will accent with polished aluminum and some color. I don't think I would want the up keep of the full polished whipple. The 3.4 is a custom kit that Adam@ST is doing, it's not a production whipple kit at this time.

mygt500

Stangpede Co-Captain Michigan Chapter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I dont f*uck mine and the looks are great and it is easy to take care of....I wonder why everyone says they are hard to take care of. Use any aluminum polish and it will hold for a while and give it a once over from time to time. I do use the car more for show than go but like the go just the same. Unlike Jon I like bling!!!!! Go polished!

The 3.4 may be coming in a kit in the future, but right now it is all custom.

Back