Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant A+++

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
How much did it take to go over the truck? Just wondering how far a 16oz bottle will go.
thin coats is all you need. More product used does not mean better coverage. I'd say for a truck you probably use an oz per coat if you do it right.

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
How much did it take to go over the truck? Just wondering how far a 16oz bottle will go.

Typically, for something like a Mustang, you'll use about 2-4 ounces. The products spreads very well so a little goes a long way. One coat will last about 6 months. A 16 oz bottle is great bang for your buck.

Hope that helps.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
^^Someone likes to throw on their coats thick. If you use a PC or a flex you will use way less product. Bfwd lasts about four months depending on your region.

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Less than an ounce for a standard car? I suppose I've learned nothing from working with the industry's leader. 2-4 ounces is pretty average. For an experienced user, you could get away with using much less no doubt. I say 2-4 so people have a general idea of how much they should be using. Maybe we should have a separate section for seasoned veterans only.

As far as debating about durability, it can last 1 month if not applied correctly and bad weather conditions. We can argue that all day. People have told me that it's lasted 8 months. Same with the Wolfgang. Again, 6 months is average. As you use it more, you'll adjust to what works for you.

Let's keep the thread on topic. My PM box is always open.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Industry veteran or not. Its pretty standard with sealants that if you use a buffer to apply you should use about an oz on a standard size car. This is keeping it on topic btw. I mean its not like I'm advertising in a tech thread.

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Jared applied his by hand so that's how I was responding. I'll agree with you that with a machine you're likely to use less since the pad will be primed.

blk5.0

forum member
Reaction score
i just love the fighting that goes down in here lol

blk5.0

forum member
Reaction score

i have had my 16oz bottle for a long time and its still half full. it will last you a long time

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Even applying it by hand I don't see myself using that much more than 1 oz.. Just me and my good results with industry experience. LOL

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
i just love the fighting that goes down in here lol

No one is fighting. When it comes to car care, you'll get a huge difference in opinion which sparks heated debate. Visit any of the other car care forums and you'll see that much more than here. Problem is, there are no dyno graphs to compare here, just a lot of he said she said.

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Although before I get corrected, if you search around, there are some enthusiast that have done durability tests with some of the waxes/sealants over the years. A little searching and you might be able to find them.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Although before I get corrected, if you search around, there are some enthusiast that have done durability tests with some of the waxes/sealants over the years. A little searching and you might be able to find them.

it's still all relative to too many things.

-How often are you washing the car
-What is the dilution ratio of soap to water
-What QD are you using?
-What is the average temperature in your area
-How many days of sun are you getting in the given period
-What is the humidity
-What color is the car (as this can affect surface temps)

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Correct. If you have negative environmental conditions, your LSP will not be as durable. I was just referencing the tests so people might be able to get a good idea. There is no secret mathematical formula to tell how long a polymer will last. As I mentioned before, try products out, and use what works for you.

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
it's still all relative to too many things.
-What color is the car (as this can affect surface temps)

This is, to me, the main thing. I do know that black paint waxed with carnuba is just a waste of time, gone right way on a summer day.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
This is, to me, the main thing. I do know that black paint waxed with carnuba is just a waste of time, gone right way on a summer day.

depends on the wax... higher content carnaubas, can withstand higher temps.

But average surface temps of a black car on an 80 degree summer day, can get over 200F

tamatt27

forum member
Reaction score

But average surface temps of a black car on an 80 degree summer day, can get over 200F
Good Lord....I wonder what temp my paint is, since it was 112 a few days ago.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score

I don't agree with this.

155 Degrees will cause 3rd degree burns in a matter or a couple of seconds.

200+ Degrees can cause 2nd, even 1st degree burns depending on how long the skin is in contact with that object.

I've left my car parked outside for hours at a time in 100+ degree weather, and have rested my arms and hands (skin was exposed) and nothing.

I don't think the surface temps get that hot. Maybe 125-140.

Anyhow, I think I am going to have to buy some of this stuff.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back