Blew up my motor last night :(

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
117k miles, countless passes, I say put a stock engine back in without the turbo and sell it. Like you said you could get a 2013 5.0, get that. Much cheaper overall and no headache wiring harness swap. Plus put too much money into it and gets totaled insurance won't pay what you put into it due to age and milage.

This is a serious option that Im considering. Once again, I'm in no rush. I think I'd get a 07-09 GT500 over 13 5.0. The 07-09 have come down in price a lot.

The cleanest 2009 GT500 anywhere is available for sale for $34,900 in northern NY, 3k miles on it, upgraded supercharger, MGW shifter, all kinds of other tasteful mods and spare parts.
LINK

Beautiful. Not my 1st choice in color and its almost too nice considering I don't have a garage.

#justsayin' ;)

I'm tempted to buy that car, such a deal

Does that mean 2 Shelby's?

Dude has a stock engine sitting there with forged internals ready to go in. Seems like a no brainer to me. Unless you like throwing money away. Put it together and enjoy it.

Another great argument going through my head. Its not ready per say. The stock spare engine needs to be torn down and sent over to a machine shop with the new forged internals. It would make a great sleeper ;)

I wrote this today for another customer's email:

"Problems with these engines are the rods as you may know, don't believe on the "450rwhp limit" spread on the internet, things are never that specific, it all requires is ONE rod saying enough is enough.

I try to explain this thru a lottery ticket system, when you get a car you have a chance for it to blow into pieces while stock, very very tiny small nowadays but it is still there, when you start modding you start getting more and more tickets for the kaboom lottery, the higher internal pressure, more tickets, the more RPM, even more tickets. There is people with 500+ cars that has been lucky, others with way way less, not so much."

Now, the issue is not boost, you could do with a lot of boost without issues, as long as you do things right, cylinder pressure+RPM is what kills the rods, mileage has a saying too, is a combination of stuff, if you add some knocking to the mix, that will kill it quite fast as you add big cylinder pressure peaks over the already too big of a pressure for such design/material/construction.

But again, there are 8 of them, one that decides enough is enough and bye bye, is a risk you take when you mod your car.

I couldn't agree more Lito. Honestly, as you'll see in the video when I post it, I took the car to the top of 4th gear. I was snatching lottery tickets like no one business.

Yea that's why I'm building my block now

Been making a noise that sounds real ugly and rather just make it safe rather than maybe last till when I wanna build next time

:clap:

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
The cleanest 2009 GT500 anywhere is available for sale for $34,900 in northern NY, 3k miles on it, upgraded supercharger, MGW shifter, all kinds of other tasteful mods and spare parts.
LINK

#justsayin' ;)

I'm tempted to buy that car, such a deal

If he wasn't so far away or my car wasn't 4 months away from being paid off I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I just got done reading his '13/'14 Damp Tronic retrofit thread. Holy crap.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back