Bmr k-member/ gt500 control arms install

Shelbgt05

forum member
Reaction score
So this weekend I will be tackling swapping the stock k-member for a Bmr tubular k-member and Ford racing gt500 contol arms. I just would like to know any tips or thoughts on this. They should be here on Friday. I'm using my buddys lift and we are going to use a tranny jack to support the engine while we drop the k member.

Thanks in advanced guys.
Ben

Bullett

Pwnisher
Reaction score
Easy swap. Follow instructions and ull be fine. My dad and myself tackled it on jack stands in his garage. Took us NOOBS a whole day.

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
I think the instructions say to remove each A-arm one at a time, I just left them bolted on and removed the K-Member and both A-arms at the same time. I had it on jack stands and did it by myself. If you're doing it up high on a lift, you'll want a hand if you're taking it down in one go. I think the worst part is removing the bolts that hold the steering rack on. The nuts on the bottom are welded on and there isn't much room to turn a wrench up top.

Shelbgt05

forum member
Reaction score
Ok guys got the K-member installed this weekend.Parts came quick and Install was a breeze. I used my buddy lift and tranny jack. Some people said to use a phonebook to support the engine under the oil pan, which was what i was going to use but at the last minute before walking to the garage i saw paper plates in my friends kitchen so i grabbed a handful of those and they really did work.

By the way this install was on my dads 07 shelby gt, but after driving it and installing it i am going ahead and ordering it.

Attachments

• IMAG1133[1].jpg
    IMAG1133[1].jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG1129[1].jpg
    IMAG1129[1].jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG1122[1].jpg
    IMAG1122[1].jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG1127-1[1].jpg
    IMAG1127-1[1].jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 28

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back