BMR Launches New Product - 2010-2011 Mustang Handling A-arms (AA025, AA026)

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
BMR Suspension

Handling A-arms for the 2010-2011 Mustang

Correct the suspension geometry on your lowered S197 Mustang with a set of Handling A-arms from BMR Suspension. Based on our well proven traditional A-arm design, these Handling A-arms feature ¾” taller ball joints to raise the roll center height on lowered vehicles for improved handling. The BMR Handling A-arms are constructed from heavy duty 1.25” DOM tubing and feature laser cut double-gusseted reinforcement plates. The non-adjustable A-arms (AA025) include a combination of low-deflection, internally-fluted, polyurethane bushings and fluted, greasable, Delrin bushings. The adjustable A-arms (AA026) include Delrin bushings and Teflon-lined XR series spherical rod ends with stainless spacers. The result is a high quality tubular A-arm that minimizes bushing deflection, reduces un-sprung weight by up to 11 pounds, and improves handling by reducing body roll. Installation time is only 3 hours. Available in black hammertone or red powdercoat.

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit www.bmrsuspension.com, email [email protected], or contact them at BMR Suspension, 12581 N. US Highway 301, Thonotosassa, FL 33592, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.

AA026_large.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
For those of you that are wondering about the roll center, and exactly what is affected when lowering your car...

When you lower the car, your chassis drops......however the spindles, and mounting points do not. The connecting points between the chassis/K-Member....and the spindle/strut/spring assembly are now placed at drastically different angles. The A-Arm will have an upward angle towards the wheel.

When you install a taller ball-joint, you are now effectively lowering the actual A-Arm back down, which improves the overall geometry and handling capabilities of the front suspension.

Hope that helps!

me32

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for Clearing that up. i went with the new Ball joint for my 2008 GT500 from you guys.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
thanks for Clearing that up. i went with the new Ball joint for my 2008 GT500 from you guys.

No problem!

Thanks! Did AED do the install?

I hope you are enjoying our suspension products!

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can a person buy just the taller ball joint and install in our stock height bmr control arms?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, however it is not an easy task.

We install them with over 5 tons of pressure.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, however it is not an easy task.

We install them with over 5 tons of pressure.

Good to know, I figured they had a lot of pressure the way they looked but I never would have guessed that much. Lol, might as well throw the ball joint press in the bottom drawer for this one. Thanks for the info, mine only have a couple hundred miles on them but wanted to know for future reference. Note to self: Buy 20 ton press before attempting this project:boobies:

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Good to know, I figured they had a lot of pressure the way they looked but I never would have guessed that much. Lol, might as well throw the ball joint press in the bottom drawer for this one. Thanks for the info, mine only have a couple hundred miles on them but wanted to know for future reference. Note to self: Buy 20 ton press before attempting this project:boobies:

No you dont have to buy a press (lol) this is a easy five minute job to with the ARMS still on your car. Go buy a c-cup installer / remover for about 200.00 dollars . The strut can stay on your car also . It takes me thirty minutes a side (no joke) .

Most shops wont do it that way because they like to screw the customer over in labor by taking each arm off.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No you dont have to buy a press (lol) this is a easy five minute job to with the ARMS still on your car. Go buy a c-cup installer / remover for about 200.00 dollars . The strut can stay on your car also . It takes me thirty minutes a side (no joke) .

Most shops wont do it that way because they like to screw the customer over in labor by taking each arm off.

Unless you are going to be heating the arm, there is no way a ball joint press is going to push it out if it's pressed in with 5 tons. It's going to take more than 5 tons because I have never had a ball joint come out easier than it goes in (lol).

me32

forum member
Reaction score
No problem!

Thanks! Did AED do the install?

I hope you are enjoying our suspension products!

yes they Did, Also doing some other stuff. should have the car back later this week or beging of next week.

Back