BMR springs - 009 vs 065

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
i have spent a bit of time this evening trying to figure out which springs to go with, and have concluded that.....i dont know.

narrowed it down to two BMR sets - the SP009, and SP065.

first - from what i read, i shouldn't NEED cc plates, bumpsteer kits, etc. with a mild drop such as this? or am i knocking on the door of requiring them?

i know that the 009 is "street" and 065 is "handling" - i mainly (almost entirely) drive on the street, may have a tiny bit of drag racing over the summer, but maybe not.

my main concern is that it wont be overly stiff, and i have no experience with spring rates in these cars. would the 065 be a bit harsh? should i just stick with the 009 springs for my own sanity?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
this isnt tech, put your flame suit on

learn the difference

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
SP009 is where it's at.

Just a tad stiffer than stock springs. Nice looks, great ride, good traction - they are the bee's knees.

The 065 are much stiffer. They are almost 200% stiffer than a stock GT front spring.

Street and occasional strip use, you need to look at the SP068 or SP009.....with my nod going to the SP009.

As for the CC plates - they are nice to have, but I usually just have my customers flip their strut mounts around 180 degrees....and just run the camber that they get with the drop. Typically, with the strut mounts flipped, it will put you in the -1.4 to -1.7 range. OEM spec range is up to -1.5.

If you have any questions about this topic, or any others, please dont hesitate to call me. I will lead you in the proper direction.

Thanks for choosing BMR!

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
jesus, did i really just post in the wrong place?

*sigh*

flame on, folks.....

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I have the 009's they look great, ride great and seem to be the perfect mix for a do everything car, I road course it drag race it and street drive it and happy with how they work in each scenario

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
jesus, did i really just post in the wrong place?

*sigh*

flame on, folks.....

If you are actually wrenching or troubleshooting...tech. If you are asking which part is best...chit chat.

Kelly added numbers so now it is in that misty grey area :)

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
ordered the 009s :) thanks for the input folks!

and thanks mod/admin for moving the post!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back