Bmr suspension

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
So I bought and installed all of these suspension parts in my dirt driveway. (Not efficient or fun) but, they are in. Now my problem is the car is not in any type of alignment and is scary dangerous to drive. I know I need to bring it to a shop for alignments.. But I don't know what or where I need to be or tell the shop. The car is a 2005 GT it has stock motor in it. But that is going to be swapped this week with a fully forged engine and a DOB Kit. I'm expecting to be in. The 650-700hp range to start.
The car will be used for street primarily. Can someone help me with this ?

1 x BMR A-arms, Lower, DOM, Non-adjustable, Polyurethane/Delrin Bushings, 18mm Standard Height Ball Joint (2005-2009)

1 x BMR Bolt-in Control Arm Relocation Brackets (2005-2014)

1 x BMR Lower Control Arms, DOM, On-car Adjustable, Polyurethane & Rod End

1 x BMR Panhard Rod, DOM, On-car Adjustable, Polyurethane Bushings (2005-2014)

1 x BMR Upper Panhard Rod Support (2005-2014)

1 x BMR Upper Control Arm Mount (2005-2010)

1 x BMR Upper Control Arms, DOM, On-car Adjustable, Polyurethane

1 x BMR K-member, Standard Motor Mounts, Pinto Rack Mounts (2005-2010)

1 x BMR A-arm Support Brace 2005 -2014

1 x BMR Differential Bushing Kit
Gt500 shocks, springs and sway bars
Gt500 shock tower brace
Bullitt rear tower adjustable brace.
Shelby front adjustable links
The car sits on 20" rims.

Any direction with this would be great.
Thank you
-Don

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The best thing you can do is take it immediately to an alignment shop, and have them basically set everything up within spec. From there, you can tweak it.

Your thrust angle, and toe settings are likely what is causing the issues that you are calling scary. Those will be simple for the alignment shop to correct.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
The best thing you can do is take it immediately to an alignment shop, and have them basically set everything up within spec. From there, you can tweak it.

Your thrust angle, and toe settings are likely what is causing the issues that you are calling scary. Those will be simple for the alignment shop to correct.

What Kelly said. Get it on an alignment rack and have them start with OEM settings.

I'm not sure an alignment shop will know what to do with the PHB though. Probably best to adjust that yourself before you go in. It's super easy.

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
Absolutely set your PHB beforehand, as well as the rear LCA. Almost every shop will either say they won't adjust it, or charge you extra (with the exception of performance oriented places, which usually don't have alignment racks)

Once those are set, take it in.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Absolutely set your PHB beforehand, as well as the rear LCA. Almost every shop will either say they won't adjust it, or charge you extra (with the exception of performance oriented places, which usually don't have alignment racks)

Once those are set, take it in.

Eh? That has not been my experience. If you tell a shop you want a 4-wheel alignment (not a front-end alignment), they'll charge you accordingly and adjust the thrust angle (via LCAs) and axle centering (via panhard bar).

Sometimes you just need to find a shop that doesn't suck. In my case, I found an alignment shop whose owner races old air-cooled Porsches and dirt-track cars.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Eh? That has not been my experience. If you tell a shop you want a 4-wheel alignment (not a front-end alignment), they'll charge you accordingly and adjust the thrust angle (via LCAs) and axle centering (via panhard bar).

Sometimes you just need to find a shop that doesn't suck. In my case, I found an alignment shop whose owner races old air-cooled Porsches and dirt-track cars.

Seems like you found a fantastic shop. I don't think the monkeys at Bell Tire will be able to pull that off.:wink:

claudermilk

Reaction score
What Vince said. Find a good shop that knows what they are doing.

I have one I now go to where the garage & lot look like a small Cars & Coffee type gathering. Lots of muscle cars & hot rods. They are familiar with the odd requests enthusiasts make. For example, they took my request for two camber settings and a spec sheet printout in stride--they understood what I was up to with the street & track setups.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you live in Central or Western MD, southern PA, or the WV panhandle, lemme know and I'll send you to "my guy."

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
Wish I was closer. I'm in Connecticut. So far, no luck with finding a "good Shop" for a four wheel alignment?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back