BMR sway bar relocation bracket and lca relocation bracket

07 Boss

Reaction score
Here is my BMR LCA bracket (old style) and sway bar bracket. Didn't have to do anything for fitment.

forum member
Reaction score
What rear sway bar are you using?

Stock (2006 GT, CJ "Q" springs also going on if that matters).
I ask only because the description for the SRK001 contains:
**NOTE: When using this product in combination with LCA Relocation Brackets, modification may be necessary for clearance. If you have any questions about application fitment, please contact us.**

Thank you both for the help.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I have a BMR sway bar and their brackets and didn't have any issues. My brackets have a little relief cut into the backside which the sway bar fits through and maybe other brands don't have that or their sway bars might be a slightly different shape. It was a close fit and I can see how maybe another brand might not accomodate the different angle of the sway bar. One of the reasons why I tend to stick to one brand when piecing together something like suspension.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
pic from Vorshlag - you shouldn't have any issues...

_DSC9108-XL.jpg

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
I have all BMR on the back, IIRC you had to grind off part of a bracket for the swaybar to fit 15" wheels like the Race Stars, It was a while back when I put them on and had to clear my RaceStars inner wheel, it was close so I took as much off as I could.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Stock (2006 GT, CJ "Q" springs also going on if that matters).
I ask only because the description for the SRK001 contains:
**NOTE: When using this product in combination with LCA Relocation Brackets, modification may be necessary for clearance. If you have any questions about application fitment, please contact us.**

Thank you both for the help.

You should be fine.

If you do have an issue, just let me know.

Thanks

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I am planning on putting the rear end together this weekend. If I run into problems, I will post them here.

forum member
Reaction score
You should be fine.

If you do have an issue, just let me know.

Thanks

I got the sway bar on yesterday and the sway bar hits the left side lca relocation bracket. I tried moving the sway bar around to get a little more clearance but I did not have any success. The right side is close but does not hit. Can you help?
Thank you.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Is the car on the ground?

Sometimes, people will have clearance issues when the axle housing is at droop, but when the car is on the ground, the issue usually does not occur.

Also, the bar will usually hit the actual OEM (rusted) portion of the LCA Mount, and not the BMR Bracket.

Can you post pics?

Thanks!

forum member
Reaction score

Sometimes, people will have clearance issues when the axle housing is at droop, but when the car is on the ground, the issue usually does not occur.

Also, the bar will usually hit the actual OEM (rusted) portion of the LCA Mount, and not the BMR Bracket.

Can you post pics?

Thanks!

I will try to get some pictures as soon as I can.
Thank you

sh4rkbayte

forum member
Reaction score

Can you post pics?

Thanks!

This. My sway bar was touching, but I put it on the ground anyway and as soon as I did, no more touching. It WILL hit over a big speedbump, however.
Other than cutting off the bottoms of the OEM sway bar mount, you don't have to modify anything else. Also, don't use a Dremel to cut, you'll be there all day. I used an angle grinder ($30 at Wally world) and then smoothed/refined with a Dremel.

One more tip: There is a spacer that comes with the LCA relos. The instructions are very vague about where it goes. It goes on the driver's side. You'll see a small gap on the side of the bracket where the bracket bolts to the OEM LCA mount. It goes there.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I am not sure how much better we can make the instruction for that spacer.

It states where to put it, and shows a picture.

If you have any recommendations on how to make it better, please let me know.

Thanks!

forum member
Reaction score

Can you post pics?

Thanks!

I don't have tires on the car. I lifted the car to put weight back onto the rear axle. Yes, when there is weight on the rear axle, the sway hits but at a different point. It hits close to the nut in picture below. It doesn't look like much but it does hit. With the suspension hanging, the sway bar does hit the "rusted" oem portion and not the BMR relocation bracket.
In both pictures below, the weight of the car is on the rear axle (not hanging). If you need to see these pictures with the car on the ground, it will be a few days before I can do that.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• rim pictures 007.jpg
    rim pictures 007.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 18
  • rim pictures 008.jpg
    rim pictures 008.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 16

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, you "may" have to grind the rusted area slightly.

Keep in mind, it may not hit with the tires on, and the weight on the tires.

Keep me updated.

sh4rkbayte

forum member
Reaction score
I am not sure how much better we can make the instruction for that spacer.

It states where to put it, and shows a picture.

If you have any recommendations on how to make it better, please let me know.

Thanks!

I wish the printed pictures that come with the kit were that clear! My copy looked like the toner was going out on the printer. Also, maybe make the spacer a separate step. I was hung up on the upper hole for the panhard bar, so I somehow managed to get the spacer lined up perfectly between the upper hole in the bracket and the OE panhard mount, but then I couldn't get the panhard bolt through the spacer. Then it dawned on me that there was a smaller bolt for the OE LCA mount, so I got back under it and then I saw the gap. No biggie.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I wish the printed pictures that come with the kit were that clear! My copy looked like the toner was going out on the printer. Also, maybe make the spacer a separate step. I was hung up on the upper hole for the panhard bar, so I somehow managed to get the spacer lined up perfectly between the upper hole in the bracket and the OE panhard mount, but then I couldn't get the panhard bolt through the spacer. Then it dawned on me that there was a smaller bolt for the OE LCA mount, so I got back under it and then I saw the gap. No biggie.
+1
My only gripe was about that spacer. The only reason I caught it was because I had read something in skwerl's thread a couple days prior. The instructions I had looked like a copy of a copy of a copy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back