Body Panel Alignment

arabbit

12 inch member
Reaction score
larry that does sound difficult. But really it bothers me so much that if there's anything i can do to fix it, I will have it done. Or maybe just learn to live with it. But once I notice it, that's all I see! It sucks.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
At a body shop they can use whats call a spoon.It is a thin piece of metal tool that fits between the front fender and door gap.Then depending which way pulled moves the fender in or out.This is done when putting on when new fenders are doors to get the two to alighn perfect,Since your is already finished you have to be careful doing the not to chip or put dent in fender.That probly why shop did not want to try.You could use a plastic trim tool the same way and be alittle safer but there is a chance of rolling fender edge or dent then its mud and paint time.But if your set on new fender worth a try.

The problem with that is that there's a fender mount tab inside the jamb area that used to secure this area. Where the problem is, is that (IIRC) the tab is at around 3/4 up the fender. You won't get the fender to "bend in" and stay by itself in just that middle area and if you use the tab to pull it in, it will likely pull the upper portion in a bit to far at the upper body line. I used to work full time at a bodyshop and still do it on my own in my spare time. With what the OP shows I wouldn't miss with it, unless this was going to be a show car only. With todays mass production parts, even using OEM parts, you'd likely have to use filler on multiple panels to get a perfect fit/finish.

Sterlinghorsegt

Reaction score
Mine looks exactly like that I now I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I was starting to doubt my judgement.when buying the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back