Boost a Pump help

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
na that thread won't apply lol.. i know why some of those cars popped and the whole story isnt posted. car will live at 650 for a while as long as it doest bang the limiter all the time and cut the fuel, just to be safe i will use meth over 5#s and as far as shifting ill prob shift at 6600 , waiting for the forged boss motor so i can go 16psi :)

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Got the damn car back tonight, after some ass chewing. Now, it's leaking trans fluid sitting in my driveway. I hope it's just a damn output shaft/pinion seal, because I'll fix the damn thing myself.

You going to No Problem this weekend?

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
na that thread won't apply lol.. i know why some of those cars popped and the whole story isnt posted. car will live at 650 for a while as long as it doest bang the limiter all the time and cut the fuel, just to be safe i will use meth over 5#s and as far as shifting ill prob shift at 6600 , waiting for the forged boss motor so i can go 16psi :)

I'm headed back to see Monty in a couple of weeks. I just upgraded to the stage 2 intercooler on my procharger. You are going to be leaving a lot on the table if you shift at 6600 though. I'm leaving a lot shifting at 7100.

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
Hard to say. My car stops making power around 6800. I shift at 7300. I'm making 650. As long as you're not stupid the motor should live just fine. Oh and I'm seeing about 10psi

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
went last nite. couldnt get it in 4th or 5th and 2nd was grinding.. went slower then the NA times lol

Change the fluid! If it doesn't have XT-M5-QS in it, it'll grind it's ass off. Ford was putting the wrong fluid in this trans up until recently. If you don't want to put the Ford stuff in, just put Synchromesh in, and it'll work just as well.

Travis

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
Searching trans oil the net you find alot of the same person going from one site to another to another. Then others copy the same info posting it so it clouds whats going on just poeple passing info they see thinking they are helping out like chain mail. Trying find the weight of XT-M5-QS and XT-11-QDC oil. Emailed AMSOIL and Royal Purple on if they may have a clue been about a week

Engineers not sure what should be in the trans theres more than one guy. Truely think some are just giving the answers off paper they have sitting on there desk. Engineers should have to work in the field for 5yrs before they are allowed design parts to see how it is to work on things and then still have to work on what they design hands on

Last edited:

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
i been looking at the amsoil version trav..doing the steeda shifter today and orderd a .15 shim to put behind the release bearing. feels like its not dis engaging all the way. i been told by some shops that the bearing is the problem for some.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Cool.. let me know how it works out for you.. The replaced the bearing on mine because it was damaged.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back