Borla S-types installed (2012 GT)

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
:thumb2:

S197Forum-ers:

Got new-in-box Borlas from member "mustang02" for a steal (thanks and kudos to 'mustang02') and just got them installed over the weekend. Superb sound! The GT500 mufflers were nice and spoke with some authority relative to the stock mufflers but the Borlas provide a deeper note and a litle more volume. Absolutely no drone, of course.

The worst part was taking the bottom bolt out of the front exhaust hangers, lol. With the shorter Borlas, getting the bolts back in was dead easy.

If I can figure out how to make/post a video, I'll get something posted.

If your're on the fence about mufflers, get the S-Types and you will be delighted with the results.

That's about all.

Chris

spike648

forum member
Reaction score
Agree bud!! Borla sounds superb and I just installed stainless works o/r x with mine and omg!!! The combo just sounds amazing!!

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I'm curious if these are the ones that I purchased as well haha; I ordered a Borla axleback and don't even know what series it is.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Nice. Selling the GT500's?

superslow86:

I wasn't planning on selling them because I'd like to keep the original parts for the future owner. The other reason for not selling them is the hefty UPS shipping cost. I picked up the shipping from the previous owner (he is only a couple of states away) and UPS ground price was about $70.

Chris

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
I'm curious if these are the ones that I purchased as well haha; I ordered a Borla axleback and don't even know what series it is.

Mine are the S-type, Borla part no. 11789. There is a quieter Touring (11790) axleback but I have the stock exhaust (including resonators) and wanted just a little more sound oomph out the back.

HTH,

Chris

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Shipped a bunch of mufflers, and the best price is going to be usps parcel post, or usps priority. UPS and FedEx tend to be much more expensive, and don't get there any faster.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
How much can you expect to pay to ship a set of mufflers across the country? Sorry to derail this thread, but until the OP posts a sound clip, stuff like this happens lol.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
UPS and FedEx both have much better pricing if you're shipping to a commercial address. If I'm paying for shipping I have all my packages shipped to my buddy's auto repair shop.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
.... Sorry to derail this thread, but until the OP posts a sound clip, stuff like this happens lol.

Hey TenSpeed,

LOL! I don't do well under pressure! I'll see if I can get a nice clip made and posted this week. It's been on my to-do list but too many other things are getting in the way. :beer:

Chris

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
borlas ARE the best muffler on a coyote. period. i have ATAK with OR X and my car sounds damn near exotic at WOT. it just screams but then is like GT500s around town and at cruise. no droan

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Completely subjective. My buddy is running SW longtubes, an OR X, and GT500's, and I am yet to hear a better sounding exhaust. It is GT500's while around town and at cruise, but at WOT, it is like someone opened up the gates of hell.....

Back