Brake rotors for track use

2013MustangGT

Budget Boss
Reaction score
I have been searching the site and haven't come upon brake rotors for track. (I have a 2013 GT with track package.) Right now I have the stock rotors and just ordered another set of front rotors from Ford. However they are about $250 just for the front. Since they are a wear item, I was wondering is there a better alternative, i.e. less expensive and works just as well as stock rotors or same price range and has a longer life?

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
OEM rotors or centric are what I would stick with. You can get the OEM rotors super cheap from the Roush Overstock eBay store (links below)

Front:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-F...ROTORS-SET-OEM-FACTORY-TAKE-OFF-/271140432386

Rear:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2012-F...ROTORS-SET-OEM-FACTORY-TAKE-OFF-/271170783075

The Centric rotors seem a bit harder to find - but I talked with Jason from HyperMotive (jayman33 on here) earlier and he said he can get them. I didn't inquire about price, but they are supposed to be pretty reasonable.

2013MustangGT

Budget Boss
Reaction score
OEM rotors or centric are what I would stick with. You can get the OEM rotors super cheap from the Roush Overstock eBay store (links below)

Front:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-F...ROTORS-SET-OEM-FACTORY-TAKE-OFF-/271140432386

Rear:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2012-F...ROTORS-SET-OEM-FACTORY-TAKE-OFF-/271170783075

The Centric rotors seem a bit harder to find - but I talked with Jason from HyperMotive (jayman33 on here) earlier and he said he can get them. I didn't inquire about price, but they are supposed to be pretty reasonable.

The fronts will not work with the Brembos. The rears might work, Thanks.

Anyone else?

boardkat

n00b
Reaction score
i picked up some of the premium centric brembo rotors (120.61089) from thepartsbin.com last year for $50/each. just checked their site and it doesn't look like they have them any more :(
you can usually find them for $60-80 on amazon/ebay though..

2013MustangGT

Budget Boss
Reaction score
Last edited:

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We sell Centric rotors now. We have tested a number of the cheaper house brands from various parts stores on our various Mustangs and had warpage issues on all brands that cost less than the Centric fronts. The factory Ford rotor is good, too, but costly. The Centric is as good or better and priced less.

We've got them at $99 each for the 14" S197 front rotors, totally legit Centric part that we've tested and proven on our car. Some great data on our Centric page there, showing the visible differences in this brand vs the cheaper stuff. Now we're not ever going to be as cheap as some Amazon or fleabay store, because we're a real business and not some kid selling them out of his mom's basement, far under the MAP minimum price allowed. The "online-only" internet auction type places don't follow any of the manufacturers selling rules, and usually never even see the parts they are "drop ship selling", so they and won't know a Centric from a Chinese house-brand rotor. It's just a random widget to them. A way to make quick money.

We also sell Centric rear rotors, Brembo rear rotors, Carbotech brake pads, Motul fluid, and our own custom spec'd stainless brake flex lines lines made with BrakeQuip fittings and brackets.

We sell what we race, and only race with the products and brands that pass our own testing. You can call or e-mail us and get recommendations on which pad compound, fluid and rotors work best for your Mustang - and we have real track and autocross experience we can share.

And we stock what we sell. Which helped out a customer this week who broke a bleed screw off in his Brembo 4-piston caliper... he drove by that same day and picked up a brand new Brembo front caliper from Vorshlag and saved the overnight shipping fees and time. Nobody else in town had this caliper in stock. Nobody stocks anything anymore...

Or you can save $10 and buy your brake parts from BigShlong69's eBay store. If his mom let's him on the computer during the day (he's home schooled) you might can get some advice from him via e-mail, too. But he only types in l33tspeak, so there's that... :kidding:

Just saw this link. Click on that and read it closely. That page shows a picture of the 14" front rotor... but the part number and description are for the rear rotor. This happens a lot on their site. And the shipping... oiy. TR is trying to sell anything and everything these days, but they are known for tires. Their operators are knowledgeable... on tires. Shocks? Brakes? Springs?

Thanks,

Last edited:

2013MustangGT

Budget Boss
Reaction score
Terry,

I''ll be in touch tomorrow about the brake lines and install. Good to know about the rotors. I have an extra set of the Ford OEM ones now. When they need to be replaced I'll stop by and pick some up.

Thanks

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the shout out Terry... What a dubious honor.

Those brake lines are sexy by the way...if only I had the correct caliper...

Last edited:

2013MustangGT

Budget Boss
Reaction score
We also sell Centric rear rotors, Brembo rear rotors, Carbotech brake pads, Motul fluid, and our own custom spec'd stainless brake flex lines lines made with BrakeQuip fittings and brackets.

Terry,

I have an appointment at your shop for 2 July 2013 for the brake lines. Can't wait to get them on ;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back