Broke the damn Whipple Blower...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well anybody doubting whipple's response (including me...lol) can rest easy...:thumb:

Art called me and talked to me for a half hour. He was dealing with some bigger issues and wasn't able to get back to me till now. He was extremely helpful in not only helping diagnose the problem, but is going to work with me for my particular set-up to get the most out of it.

I am EXTREMELY PLEASED with Whipple and their response to this issue and they are on it 100%...:beer:

Not quite sure yet exactly went wrong but they'll know when they get a first hand look at the blower.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep - the blower is off to them tomorrow and I should be back in action here shortly...:clap:

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Well anybody doubting whipple's response (including me...lol) can rest easy...:thumb:

Art called me and talked to me for a half hour. He was dealing with some bigger issues and wasn't able to get back to me till now. He was extremely helpful in not only helping diagnose the problem, but is going to work with me for my particular set-up to get the most out of it.

I am EXTREMELY PLEASED with Whipple and their response to this issue and they are on it 100%...:beer:

Not quite sure yet exactly went wrong but they'll know when they get a first hand look at the blower.

thats cool, I wish I could say the same of Manley :tdown:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in why it failed.

I am not 100%, but based on my conversation with whipple, it appears it was just a case of a bad bearing seal. They will know for sure when they inspect it but it appears to be the case.

Luckily, it was caught early and no damage at all was incurred anywhere else but the blower itself.

Whipple is taking care of it one way or the other and is probably just giving me a brand new head unit.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure - but if it turns out to be the seal like they think - then it wouldn't matter. If it's a determined manufacture error - it should be taken care no matter when you bought the blower.

Same as any 'recall' on a part from an auto maker IMO.

travelers

Reaction score
Well it good that Art did call you and start the process moving. Customer service is what keeps guys comming back and new ones comming in.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure - but if it turns out to be the seal like they think - then it wouldn't matter. If it's a determined manufacture error - it should be taken care no matter when you bought the blower.

Same as any 'recall' on a part from an auto maker IMO.
Hmm, I wonder if my Gen 1 blower has any issues:idea:

05GT281

ole' legend lime
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear they stepped to the plate. (Wonder if they saw this thread) lol

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if my Gen 1 blower has any issues:idea:

The 'seal issue' they were speaking of wouldn't have anything to do with models. It had to do with a specific run or batch.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just an update...

Whipple has inspected my blower and the rotors did touch. It appears due to a fluke in the bearing seal but they are not 100% sure. They are sending me out a brand new head unit tomorrow at no cost.

Big thanks to Art, Dustin, and Mike for taking care of this so quickly...:bigbeer::supercool:

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I never had a doubt Whipple would honor their product. Is always good to be reinforced thay they do..

Back