Broken TCI Ratchet Shifter

Rowdy_Dude

Reaction score
I did a search came up empty...
Anyway I picked up a TCI Ratchet shifter from a wrecker for dirt dirt cheap because the lock handled was broken and the pieces were missing.

I have been able to fabricate a lever but just can't get it 100%.
When working with it on the bench it will engage but then I can't get enough leverage to go from reverse back into park.
If anyone has a picture or know what it looks like or any images diagrams etc... any help would greatly be appreciated.

Really don't want to spend a few hundred bucks to get it fixed at TCI and I'm in Canada so there are customs / shipping issues as well...

Thanks

619570_600_zps1f3568de.jpg

sleepy06

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Take it apart and see. You'll have to eventually to fix it.

Rowdy_Dude

Reaction score
Take it apart and see. You'll have to eventually to fix it.

I have taken it a part... the original broken pieces are missing, the leaver that I made doesn't give it enough down push on the unlocking mechanism after it goes from drive to park.

Rowdy_Dude

Reaction score
bump, anyone have one not installed in their can and can take the boot off and take a picture it would sure be helpful

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I have a new one sitting in the basement. If the boot removal is not too difficult, I will see if I can snap some pics for you.

Last edited:

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I did not want to mess with getting the boot totally removed form the handle, so hopefully these will help.

TCIshifter2small_zps2be290c5.jpg

TCIshifter1small_zpscc0740ef.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back