Burnt rubber removal

reddsled

Reaction score
Been going to the the track more often so I got some new slicks. Now the rubber and track muck is all over my 1/4 panels any tips on removal? Next time I will be more prepared and leave a thick coat of wax on the area before heading down but for now I am in a sticky situation (pun intended)

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Been going to the the track more often so I got some new slicks. Now the rubber and track muck is all over my 1/4 panels any tips on removal? Next time I will be more prepared and leave a thick coat of wax on the area before heading down but for now I am in a sticky situation (pun intended)

Put painters tape on your quarter panel.

reddsled

Reaction score
Yea but how do I get the rubber thats on there now off? WD-40? Gas? Denatured alcohol? Mineral spirits?

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
Bug & Tar Remover, WD 40, Mothers R3 Rubber Remover......alot of shop towels and patience. Also, so things you can spray on before going and it will help wipe off after.

I just went through this too many times and finally ordered some splash guards to hopefully deflect some of the rubber.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
WD-40 all day, gets it right off.
I use painters tape when I go out, also I've heard of guys spraying pam on their panels so they can just wipe the rubber right off. And also smells like buttery goodness.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Burnout guard is a good prevention spray.

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
NEVER USE PAM! that stuff turns the rubber into a goopey goo if you don't wash it off right after the track event.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
^the point is washing it away after the track event lol.

reddsled

Reaction score
I work at a sign shop so I will try and get some low tack. Then spray it red and put that on the quarter panels for the next trip.

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
Try heating it up a little with a heat gun, don't overdo it though, you'll burn your paint. I usually wipe off the rubber with my hand after each pass and wash my hands afterward, did it more than 30 times

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I used wd40 for 3 years now but I am over all that cleaning. I just bought a nice big roll of painters tape.

reddsled

Reaction score
Using WD-40 while drinking beer works. At least thats the spin i put on it. Now on the search for red painters tape.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back