C&R Racing Dual Pass Dual Puller Fan Heat Exchanger

Dactyl

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I have been working with C&R Racing over the last few months developing a larger radiator for the GT500 and now we have developed a Heat Exchanger for the GT500 that is a direct fit replacement unit with dual puller fans. I road course my car and have a Whipple 3.4 with a 3.875 Upper running about 16-17 lbs. of boost. Before this heat exchanger my IAT2's data logged were 190 degrees. This heat exchanger dropped my IAT2's to 140-145 at WOT.

I am currently trying to put together a group buy for those that are interested in the unit. If you are interested please send me a PM.

Thanks

Dactyl

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I need some small fans like that to put on my radiator

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Alex,

You can buy the 2 spal fans and add them to your HE.
They're made in Italy so you can probably pick them up cheaper than they are stateside.

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=30100402

I also purchased (2) 30130011 Bracket and strap kits.

Yep, I've got a couple of threads on this bookmarked. It was on my list of winter mods, but new seats and a new rear end went to the top of the list. Hell, for about $100, I may as well just get them now and stick them under the tree. The seats are a bit too large for that. :roflmao:

So Peter, are you using a Gords H/E and these fans fit?

Last edited:

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, I've got a couple of threads on this bookmarked. It was on my list of winter mods, but new seats and a new rear end went to the top of the list. Hell, for about $100, I may as well just get them now and stick them under the tree. The seats are a bit too large for that. :roflmao:

Yes I am and yes they do.
You just need to bend the power steering hose a little for them to fit without rubbing but it's nothing major.

These are the same 2 fans Gord sells in his kit.
http://www.gordsford.com/access.html

Dactyl

Reaction score

FYI. This heat exchanger uses 2 - 9" puller fans. Not 6.5" as the link directed. In a dual set up with the 9" puller fans we have 1100 CFM at 0 Static. With 2 - 6.5 inch fans your combined CFM is 660 CFM at 0 Static.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't need an new H/E, the Gords is quite capable. Also, not sure if the 9" fans would fit. Not much room left back there now as it is.

Dactyl

Reaction score
Don't need an new H/E, the Gords is quite capable. Also, not sure if the 9" fans would fit. Not much room left back there now as it is.

Fits on my GT500 with room to spare however this is a different core than a Gords. It's all a matter of what and where. I was simply pointing out the fan size and CFM of the product I developed. Worked really well on the road course.

Cheers

Back