Caliper paint issue

EchoPapaGolf

forum member
Reaction score
So I opted for the Brembo brake package when I bought my 2013 GT. I have had the car for about a year and have noticed the color of my front calipers starting to fade. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm guessing the only option is to pull them off and have them redone any ideas would be appreciated. Paint or powdercoat them? Let me hear it

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Faded already? I am sure there are 10's+ running them with no issues. Did you get something on them? I would go for powder coating then rebadge them (i think ebay sells the decals) but I am curious to why they faded in the first place.

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
that's why I painted mine, wasn't a fan of the stock gray satin finish, got the high temp decals off of ebay. 2 coats of high temp engine paint, placed the decals on then 2 coats of clear, i've done multiple cars with the engine paint over the years and the paint holds up well:

attachment.php

12GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
Yep my buddies '11 had the exact same thing happen. Ford actually replaced them.

Personally, I would paint them with the G2 caliper paint. Self levelling and comes out awesome.

Slowstang305

Saleen S281
Reaction score
My friend had that on his brembos also, but it was a mitsubishi. The red turned into almost pink. The dealer replaced it with no hassles. I'm sure a ford dealer will do the same.

KonaBlue11

forum member
Reaction score
Is it just road salt or deterioration from rain and crap on the road? My 2011 Brembo's still look new on the caliper here in the Bay area.

EchoPapaGolf

forum member
Reaction score
Is it just road salt or deterioration from rain and crap on the road? My 2011 Brembo's still look new on the caliper here in the Bay area.

I honestly don't know. I bought the car new and have had it just over a year. I guess I will call the dealership and see what they say.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back