cam phasor hitting camshaft position sensor after timing set install

dventers

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time poster and I'm at a loss here hoping someone can help.. so to start, the engine is a reman with FHRR cams, FHRR intake and tb, it had dorman phasors out of the create, I didn't want to trust that so I got the ford racing timing set, instal went rather smooth when I cranked it over heard a kinda knocking sound. stopped and started inspecting..What I found is that the passenger bank phasor is striking the camshaft sensor,,. What did I screw up? Can anyone please help me???

07 Boss

Reaction score
Did you install the cams yourself? I know one cam is longer than the other. Maybe they're on the wrong sides but I think you would have noticed that. I've also never heard of the company that made your cams and intake. Are you sure they are for our cars?

dventers

Reaction score
My apologies.. they are ford hot rod racing cams...I thought the same about one being longer and did confirm that they are on right side..

07 Boss

Reaction score
Do both cam phasers look identical? Maybe one is not seated properly. There is a keyway or something to keep them lined up, maybe it is not on there properly. Otherwise I'm at a loss. Unless the sensor is wrong. No problems with the other side?

JC SSP

Reaction score
Swap the sensor from the other side and see what happens.

dventers

Reaction score
Checked to be sure it is seated properly and both sensors are identical I...built many of these and never seen anything like this happen...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back