Cam's (GallopingFord) 2012 GT500 Build Thread

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I am finally going to start documenting my new build. I bought the new car back in December to replace my 2009 Bullitt. Long story short. I ended up keeping the Bullitt so now I am the proud owner of two awesome S197's. I am not planning anything complicated for this car but it will have my usual signature: the clean and simple look, but unlike my 3V, it will actually be fast. :roflmao:

Here is the original thread of me introducing the car.

Follow me on Instagram to view all my hipster photos too! @GallopingFord

IMG_1229_tonemapped_zpsd25d500d.jpg

Car Information

2012 Shelby GT500
Ingot Silver Metallic w/ Stripe Delete
SVT Performance Package
Electronics Package
Recaro Seats
Glass Roof

Haven't looked up the configuration numbers yet, but I know that it is less than 1 in 52.

photo_tonemapped_zpsb5a1e686.jpg

I plan on breaking the build into two parts. Phase #1: engine modifications and Phase #2: suspension. I've pretty much mapped out the entirety of the engine stuff so I wanted to go ahead and do that first, plus this car already looks great right out of the box. The suspension plan is still up in the air but I'm pretty sure I want to put it on coilovers and 20x10's.

Phase #1: Engine Modifications (Plan as of 04/02/2013)
*Ford 2013 GT500 2.3L TVS Kit (M-6066-MSVT23)

• 2.3L Twin Vortices Series (TVS) supercharger features 4-lobe rotors with 160 degree twist and 68 mm pulley (2.67 inches) pre-installed
  • Ford Racing Polished Billet Aluminum Cobra Jet Oval Monoblade Throttle Body (flows 1797cfm) M-9926-SCJ
  • 2013 GT500 Production Supercharger to throttle body elbow. This elbow is 33% larger than the 2007-2012 GT500 inlet elbow.
  • 2013 GT500 Supercharger Belt
  • Fuel rail with crossover, P/N DR3Z-9F792-B , provides adequate clearance to supercharger
  • Fuel injector retainer clips
*2.4" Upper Pulley on the TVS or 2.59" Upper and a 15% IW lower.
*JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber CAI
*C&R Heat Exchanger w/ Larger Resevoir
*Possibly Upgraded Injectors
*JLT Oil Catch Cans
*DSS 1-Piece Driveshaft
*Lethal O/R X Pipe

4_zpscef16dc4.jpg

Border_zps54b84e79.jpg

Stay Tuned for Updates!

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
More pictures!!!!

Yessir, one of my fraternity brothers is a great photographer so we are gonna get together for some good ones within the next couple weeks.

I thought you sold it?

The deal was 90% complete and the guy couldn't get payment option together, so I decided to just keep it. I'm not regretting it one bit at all.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm in. I don't do the social networking but I'll look forward to your pictures and updates here.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Car looks great man. As always!

Definitely need to get the mods on quick and get some vids! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm excited.

Hoping to get some more media of it soon. I love the stock crisp sound of the exhaust. It sounds great just cruising around.

I forgot to mention I put the order in for the 2013 GT500 2.3L TVS Kit today. I'll hopefully collect all the parts by May. I'll put it together then and I'll have it dyno tuned when I return from Israel in June.

Tomorrow I scheduled the car to get tint installed. Probably going to go 35%.

Last edited:

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Go 20% atleast. I kept the car legal at 35 and 5 everywhere else and wish I woulda went full illegal like last time. Hate it haha.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Can you use the '13 tvs on a '10 GT500?

You can use the 2013 TVS on any GT500, the only difference is that on the 2007-2010 GT500's you have to modify/reconfigure the plenum since there is one vacuum port. You can either use T fittings to get the extra vacuum line (turn 1 line into 2) or do what this poster did. He basically took a hole that was for a EVAP sensor which 2011+ have and turned it into another port. It looks really clean.

Here is a link to a thread where the poster modified the plenum

Last edited:

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
^^Do it:)
If you can afford it that is..good luck.

And, I'm glad you kept it man, I like to drool:)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back