cams..

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
best I can do from the office... our firewall stops youtube so I had to go back to his build thread for this....

[/quote]
OMG that thing sounds amazing what kind of exhaust system is he running, thats how i want my car to sound lol

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OMG that thing sounds amazing what kind of exhaust system is he running, thats how i want my car to sound lol

American Racing Long Tube headers, Off Road H pipe, stock over axle pipes and FRPP Stinger mufflers. Obviously the BBR stage 2 cams and Livernois Stage 3 heads. I have since added resonators to tame the sound a bit. Got rid of the trumpets for sure

Last edited:

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score

American Racing Long Tube headers, Off Road H pipe, stock over axle pipes and FRPP Stinger mufflers. Obviously the BBR stage 2 cams and Livernois Stage 3 heads. I have since added resonators to tame the sound a bit. Got rid of the trumpets for sure[/quote]

If i went with those cams id prolly get a simlair sound to what you had right? heads dont usually affect sound all that much right?

my setup:
BBk LT
BBK offroad x pipe magnaflow catback.

and what did your car put down on that final 20psi pull with spray?

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked the car up from my buddy's shop and drove it about 45 miles to my other buddy's shop for the fresh tune(Wont get tuned till next Monday)..

Sounds pretty good, a little lope but not as much as a thumpr or hot rod would have been, which Im fine with..

I babied it for the most part, but did get on it pretty good once there was some miles on the new cams..I can definitely feel a difference, even without the tune..But I also havent driven my car for a few weeks, so, it will be hard to tell till the dyno tune and the track..But it did pull really good in the upper rpm's..

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
These kind of stories make me want to order a set of cams! Damn you! I promised myself I would not buy anything else that increased the power this coming year!

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well for me I want cams only for the power, I could care less about the lopey sound unless I get the max HP out of it. I can't see going with Hot Rod Cams when you only get 10 hp. sure sounds cool but not for 800 bucks.

what NSR cams net the most HP? Stage II Comp Cams?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If i went with those cams id prolly get a simlair sound to what you had right? heads dont usually affect sound all that much right?

my setup:
BBk LT
BBK offroad x pipe magnaflow catback.

and what did your car put down on that final 20psi pull with spray?

the heads affected how loud the overall setup is, more air = louder sound.

722/724 on 20psi and a rich 25 shot it made 684 on the nitrous tune before the 25 shot so it picked up almost 40hp with a 25 shot

704 on 20psi no nos

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
These kind of stories make me want to order a set of cams! Damn you! I promised myself I would not buy anything else that increased the power this coming year!

Ya, thats what I said..That lasted about 2 months..I cant wait to find out the results after the new tune and the track in the spring..but Im sure there will be more to add before then..:evillaugh:

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Ya, thats what I said..That lasted about 2 months..I cant wait to find out the results after the new tune and the track in the spring..but Im sure there will be more to add before then..:evillaugh:

Do you have a video of your NSR blower cams yet? Intersted in seeing how it sounds. (P.S. my ARH just came in today so that should amplify the sound!!!!!)

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i ordered my hot rod cams yesterday. got all the tools on the way for the swap, i'll get a dyno tune a little later too get the most out of the cams. i originally had ordered comp cam stage II nsr's, but canceled that order because i knew i wouldn't be happy with the sound. i won't be going to the drag strip but maybe once or twice a year, so i decided to go with the hot rods just for pure entertainment value!

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
I´d like to hear the sound of a #127650 cam, it has insane duration, similar to BBR ones
Or the Mutha thumpr ones

Last edited:

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you have a video of your NSR blower cams yet? Intersted in seeing how it sounds. (P.S. my ARH just came in today so that should amplify the sound!!!!!)

Nope, I took it directly to my tuners shop..I will post the dyno run next week..From what I could tell in the cabin, it had a slight lope, and it pulled noticebly harder midrange on up..And I want more power, not more lope:evillaugh:

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got her dyno tuned today from my buddy ChrisSK, owner of EFILOGICS..
Just a re-fresh..I installed CompCams stage 1 blower cams..I have an auto, w/ 4:10's, Steeda charge plates, Magnaflow O/R X and magnapacks and a Mishimoto radiator..Non-cooled Vortech that peaked at 10 lbs..

He picked up 32 whp on a very modest Mustang dyno..I havent driven the car yet, but he was able to really firm up the 2-3 shift and the 3-4th shift, to about 6,500 rpm's..My mass air was about maxed past 6,200 or so rpm,s...So I will get a Mafia when I put on the after-cooler this spring..I cant wait to get it to the track with the extra power and much better shifting..I cant post up the dyno sheet till I get home..but I will..

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked the car up today after a fresh tune from EFILOGICS..and I am verrrrry happy..It noticeably pulls harder from 4,000 on up to 6,500..He firmed up the shifts and 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to fourth are spot on.Very little drop in boost cuz its shifting at 6,500 now:D..Hell I even brought it up to 6,400-6,500 in fourth and manually put it in overdrive and boost didnt even drop that much..Who says overdrive aint a useful gear?? Ill post a vid of the idle soon, it lopes a little but not much, which is ok, I like the 32 whp gain instead:clap::beerdrink:70k!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back