can anyone change the file type for my tune?

07gt6816

forum member
Reaction score
i recieved my tune from BBR lastnight and went to try and load it to my tuner but when i try to find it with the sct software it will not find the file. i saved the file right to my desktop but it still does not find the file. he sent me a MTF file and i believe i need it switched to a CEF file. im trying to get the car back up and running right today so if there is anyone here that can help me out i would appriciate it. thanks

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
hmmm... that's odd. Have you done all the latest updates for all the software, both on the computer and on the tuner?

07gt6816

forum member
Reaction score
yeah, updated the software and the firmware but still did nothing, i cleared everything off of my computer and started fresh

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
hmmm... they get in at about 9:00 am, give them a call on Tuesday and you should have any issue resolved fairly quickly. For now, drop John a PM, he checks them maybe once a day when the shop is closed and let him know what's up

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You have to get him to send it to you in .ll3 or .cef (current format) weird that he would send you the MTF file that's the raw tune file.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
That is strange. Tuners don't let those files out for a reason.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is strange. Tuners don't let those files out for a reason.

+1000000000 I have gotten them in that format but that's a long story .

Basiclly that is the fully "unlocked" tune file , does you no good but can cost them

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back