Diablo Intune 87 Octane Tune Vs 91 Octane Tune

Miker

Reaction score
So just wanted to put this out there for anyone searching this info.
I got an Intune tuner from Diablo for my 2005 GT. I at first ran the canned 87 octane tune because that's what was in my tank. Noticeable difference over stock was much livelier throttle in the lower to midrange rpms and a noticeable change for the better in HP overall.
I ran the 87 octane out and filled it with 91 octane and installed the 91 octane tune.
I noticed that the lower and midrange throttle response seemed to go back to what the stock tune had but the upper rpms had more power and pull than the stock or 87 octane tune. Switched the tune back to the 87 octane tune and the lower and midrange snap returned. I don't wring the car out and enjoy it more in the lower to midrange rpms so the 87 tune is better for me.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
That's because the cheap tuners just dial in more throttle with less pedal in order to make you think you have more power.

Miker

Reaction score
That's because the cheap tuners just dial in more throttle with less pedal in order to make you think you have more power.
Cynical Skwerl!
What ever they did made the car more enjoyable to drive. Should have come that way from the factory.

Last edited:

AHaze

Reaction score
What ever they did made the car more enjoyable to drive. Should have come that way from the factory.
It also makes the car more difficult to drive at the limit. Probably not a huge deal at stock 3V power levels but try driving a GT500 or boosted Coyote with a throttle map like that and see if you still think it's enjoyable.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back