Can I Glue My Front Turn Signal "slot"?

NicD

forum member
Reaction score
I went head up with a trash can on the freeway and lost. The driver's side of my front fascia must have contorted somethin' ferocious - the paint is cracked and peeling and it blew out my turn signal and wheel well.

I had to order a new harness for the signal as well as the bracket that the turn signal mounts to. The slot that's molded into the bumper that the inner-most side of the signal slides into cracked in half as well. That's what I'm posting about.

Is there a glue that I can buy from a home improvement store that will hold it back together? Gorilla Glue perhaps?

Anybody with a similar experience?

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
My buddies wife has a 350Z and was hit from behind. The bumper bent like what you're talking about and the tabs for the clearance light broke. We ended up using two part epoxy to fix those tabs. That was close to a year ago and they're still holding.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
My buddies wife has a 350Z and was hit from behind. The bumper bent like what you're talking about and the tabs for the clearance light broke. We ended up using two part epoxy to fix those tabs. That was close to a year ago and they're still holding.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Two part epoxy or plastic weld is the business. I've band-aided plastic intake manifolds with that stuff that ended up being permanent fixes. I'd try this method first, will likely do the trick.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
Two part epoxy or plastic weld is the business. I've band-aided plastic intake manifolds with that stuff that ended up being permanent fixes. I'd try this method first, will likely do the trick.

^^ This. I've used both with great success on different applications. Although, maybe I didn't use enough, but I find the plastic weld doesn't seem to hold up to stress.

On my bike's fairing, I'd had a recurring problem where two of the bolts kept getting yanked out, probably every couple months, and I'd put them back in w/ epoxy. Finally I decided to use fiberglass mat (not the resin, just the mat) to reinforce the epoxy and it hasn't shown any signs of weakening since (been 4 years). That said -- the fairing is rigid fiberglass, not urethane like a bumper. But they do make flexible epoxies:

scotch-weldtm-epoxy-adhesive-dp-110-bonding-cartridge-up.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back