can someone explaine what the relocation brackets do?

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
i just bought a built rearend for mu 05 it has the welded in relocation brackets for the lowers how does the adjustment work on them? 1st s197 fror me

viciousride

Needing more power!
Reaction score
Allows you to adjust your instant center thus reducing the squat at launch which equals better traction.

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Allows you to adjust your instant center thus reducing the squat at launch which equals better traction.
ok and how to i know which holes to use ,is that how i go about getting my pinion angle basicly? and thanks

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Aren't they to fix the control arm angle on lowered cars?

DOHC_GTS

AKA RACER_X
Reaction score
ok and how to i know which holes to use ,is that how i go about getting my pinion angle basicly? and thanks

Aren't they to fix the control arm angle on lowered cars?

They are for both reasons. You can change alot with them and the only way to know what works for your given "shock / spring / tire / weight / and power " is to go th the track and try the diff locations.

I can tell you that on a stock height car with 28 inch tires and upr shocks they did not help. The IC was moved back and up which did not transfer weight as good. Every car is different. Good Luck

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
They are for both reasons. You can change alot with them and the only way to know what works for your given "shock / spring / tire / weight / and power " is to go th the track and try the diff locations.

I can tell you that on a stock height car with 28 inch tires and upr shocks they did not help. The IC was moved back and up which did not transfer weight as good. Every car is different. Good Luck

i highlighted what may be the issue lol.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
+1...

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
it seems to me when you say change alot with them i assume you mean using the BMR or steeda relo brackets. BMR has two adjustments and stock angle. Steeds has like a trillion adjustments it looks like on there brackets. So i guess it leaves CHE relo brackets with stock angle and one lower adjustment which i will be using, shouldnt be a problem.

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
good info and thanks for the replies,i'm thinking there bmr they ony have 2 holes,i'll swap out and see what happens and post results.thanks again

Back