car is running weird

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
so short story put the car on stands for a month, pulled the terminals as to not drain the battery, changed a rear brake caliper, did lca's and a phb brace.

go to fire it up this afternoon as i finally had a day off to work on it and it's running pretty "off"

checked for loose spark plugs all were tight

reflashed my tune didn't fix it.

it idles rough and almost sounds too low of an idle but its idling at 800ish

it has a huge lack of power/tq feels gutless

afr seems off it would idle tapped out on the lean side

sounds like it has an exhaust leak, but seems like if it was that bad it would literally have to be were a pipe was completely off

cel light isnt on

even in the throttle it sounds "choppy when its running like a pushrod motor sounds like. like it doesn't smooth out with increased throttle.

Wraith

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a sensor isn't plugged up or something? Did you unplug anything else on STB instal?

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Did you work on or check anything else whole it was on the jack stands? I agree with above. It's some sensor that got pulled out or a vacuum line got pulled out or something.

Maybe an O2 got messed with while you were under the car?

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Could possibly be the fuel rail pressure sensor? Doesn't seem likely, but the symptoms could be related to that. You mentioned the afr seems off, but I'm guessing you don't have a gauge. I would check to be sure.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i did a panhard bar brace not stb i only disconnected the positive terminal from the battery.

i didnt touch anything else thats whats driving me up the wall on this.

i have a wb afr gauge thats why i know the afr seems off

i have a vaccum gauge as well i wil fire it up tonight and see what that says as that will be a dead give away.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
My car was fone until my battery died. Sat for a day then after installing the new battery it ran like poo. I eventually found that the throttle body was dirty. Roved and cleaned and it ran like new again. Not sure why it started acting up at that time. Maybe the ecu accommodated for the change airflow over time. May want to try that just in case

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Not letting me correct the spelling but you get the idea

crazykyle709

Reaction score
When I first got my car it had a HUGE exhaust leak. Made the car feel like it was falling on its face on the highway. It just didn't run like it should. Check around for leaks, mine were at the headers, put new gasket it on it and I was set! Good luck!

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
i did a panhard bar brace not stb i only disconnected the positive terminal from the battery.

i didnt touch anything else thats whats driving me up the wall on this.

i have a wb afr gauge thats why i know the afr seems off

i have a vaccum gauge as well i wil fire it up tonight and see what that says as that will be a dead give away.

Well shoot. It was really hinting at being fuel related. Good to hear the pressure is ok. Sorry this is turning into a longer ordeal for you, brother. Hopefully someone with a "this exact thing happened to me" comes along soon. Lol.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Well shoot. It was really hinting at being fuel related. Good to hear the pressure is ok. Sorry this is turning into a longer ordeal for you, brother. Hopefully someone with a "this exact thing happened to me" comes along soon. Lol.

yeah i'm gonna do the exhaust tomorrow and make sure there's no leaks after that if it's running pretty rouch still i'm lost on where to go next as i don't have a check engine light on so that makes it much more difficult.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back