Car is slower than ever, need help

mustangtcs

forum member
Reaction score
I was there May 30'th which was a Friday. I do still have the HT0's and after listening to you guys I will switch them at the track next time I am there. Also both sets of plugs are gapped by me at .032. I am monitoring IAT's with the Aeroforce Interceptor gauges. Dysan your video does sound very similar to mine. I just got all the PID's for the auto trans from lund today so hopefully it will show something. I am buying a laptop for my car and will start logging and will take it with me next time I go to atco. Is this normal to datalog and adjust tunes like this? I have considered finding a local shop near me to re tune my car but would I still have to log like this for them also? Local to me are JD's in Huntington Valley and Second Street Speed in Perkasie. Or should I just log and keep working with Lund? Lund does respond fast and seem's to want to help. And I haven't blown it up yet lol. When my dyno was done it was November and my 9lb pulley hit 9.9psi when I made 459rwhp. I normally see 8.8-8.9 on the street. I asked if I could up the pulley and they said sure you could go to 10-11psi. There is a 10 and a 10.7 but I'm nervous to do that. You guys on here have the experience I am seeking and thanks for all the info.

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
My car has only been remote tuned and I do most of my pulls at the drag strip for real world loads on my car so I say just stay with Lund and do the datalogging to get him the data.

northern stang

Reaction score
I have a similair situation my car is a 2005 gt convertible auto 331 gear.
2.6 kb 10psi boost 11-11.4 02. I have raced the car running consitent 12.3 @110 mph 1.8 60. All the the races I attended the temp were very warm And I suspected the intercooler temps were high. In trying to figure out why my mph was so low I sarted looking at my timing.(Data log) On a pull on the street my timing was pulling hard after 100 mph some at times 5 degrees @ 170 temp. My timing set for 18 degrees. rpm and speed looked steady.

mustangtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Update. Lund racing has really been helping me out. I will be back to ATCO soon and post more updates. Norther Stang- Datalogging is a big part of answering your questions. log the next time your at the track.

mustangtcs

forum member
Reaction score
So through data logging we found the car was shifting 1-2 at 6400, 2-3 at 5900, and 3-4 at 5200. Now we got it shifting real close to where my tuner wants it, which is 6000-6100. I am taking it to Atco and going to run it Friday/Halloween and dial in the shift points. Doing the street logs the car spins on shifts. Also leaned out my air/fuel but it's still safe. Today I pulled the plugs and they look almost like new with a little tan on them so I put them back in. So hopefully it runs right. I do have the pulley that makes one more psi.... but I'm scared to install it. Also before leaving at 2000 vs leaving off idle made virtually no difference. The car dead hooks and goes and runs pretty much the same 60 every time.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, pay attention on the logs on what happens on the big end.

MPH = horsepower. Take your old slips with you so you can compare the incrementals. Pay particular attention to mph difference from 1/8th to 1/4 and et difference from 1/8th to 1/4.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
what tires are you running, I know you said you dead hook and in the video it looked like they were 17-18" rims, Im looking for some for the track but make a lot less power

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Background on car. 05 GT Kenne Bell 2.6 9lbs. Lund tuned 460rwhp 450rwtorque. 4.10 bmr lowers and relocation brackets. Automatic w stock stall. Dynotech driveshaft. M&H Racemasters.

/\ this

ndinadis said:
what tires are you running, I know you said you dead hook and in the video it looked like they were 17-18" rims, Im looking for some for the track but make a lot less power

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back