cat o2 extention

Defiance GT

forum member
Reaction score
i have a ? about the cat 02s i am looking to get Mac LT and that means i have to move the cats or get rid of them. My buddy is a good welder and he was going to make a straight tube from the LT to my frpp x pipe. Is there a way that i can move the cats down to fit in between them still? Will the sensors reach? i hope someone has tried this. :lol2: It wouldn't work if i just stuck two wires to connect the o2 sensor male to female. I know thats really ghetto, unsafe, and probably wont even work but, just curious. Also if i remove the cats the CEL will come on then i have a SCT tuner would making the rear 02 off, would that fix it?

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
If you live in an area where check check OBDII readiness during inspections, you can't turn off your rear O2 sensors and pass.

As far as locating cats farther down, do you mean something like this?
XpipedDuals-1.jpg

For the rear O2 sensors, I just spliced wire in between the connector and sensor (soldered/sealed connections).

Defiance GT

forum member
Reaction score
yea think i can do those with the stock ones or should i just take them off no one really cares about them in des plaines il, but i will need to pass emissions. They do a scan so if no CEL you pass. So how do you pass with out cats

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just buy one of the commercially-available catted or offroad midpipes, and have a muffler shop modify as necessary. For example, I run an offroad Mac Prochamber for 364 days per year, and a catted FRPP X-pipe that has been modified to fit my Mac long tubes when it's time for emissions testing. I have O2 extenders on the rear O2s, but they were not required on the front sensors, even though they are just slightly aft of where the stock bungs were.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back