Reaction score
So I have a neighbor who has acquired 8 (seems like that many) or
so "alley" cats. They seem to want to mark their territory all over the
place, including the lower edges of my stangs car cover in my
attached garage.

I leave that garage door open often, as that is my ingress/egress point
to my pole barn in the back yard. To alleviate the cat issue, I enclosed
one of the garages with a wall that has a screen door on it. So as to not
lose access to the garage, I made the entire wall on hinges.

20161104_161302.jpg

20161104_160828.jpg

Unfortunately, while I was working on installing that screen door,
I had it leaning against the garage door on the left side in the first
pic above. I forgot it was there the next day, and opened that garage
door from the inside. Of course, that screen door falls inward right
on the stock spoiler on my Stang (at that point, I was ready to kill
any cat seen, immediately).

So, the spoiler has some small dents and some paint missing.
I really like the CS spoiler from that year and will probably get
that and have it painted.

Question is, at what MPH could a spoiler have any affect on
1/4 mile. I hope to be pushing 126-130, any reason that one
spoiler, over another might have any affect?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What spoiler do you have? Because factory spoilers are just for looks.

Also, that door thing is cool.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why are the cats at fault for your door, that you forgot about, falling over when you opened the overhead door?

Cool solution though.

If the alley cats are a nuisance and damaging property, call animal control. Dismayed as I am by the end result they would likely be rounded up and euthanized. I love my cat, but cats allowed to go feral are a menace to small animals and birds and cannot be allowed to roam free like that. Cats are prolific deadly hunters in wild form.

Sure cats a cute and cuddly. But a group of wild cats is a problem. It's no different than a pack a of dogs. My dog is a sweat heart and all she wants is to be loved and paid attention too. She is a goober. But if a pack of wild dogs shows up around my property, the gun will come out. I can't have that.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
The damage to your spoiler will have nothing to do with your speed. Get yourself a couple cans of tuna fish put some antifreeze in them and leave them out in your garage. Then add more boost your car, problem-solved.

Or just call Animal Control.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
The damage to your spoiler will have nothing to do with your speed. Get yourself a couple cans of tuna fish put some antifreeze in them and leave them out in your garage. Then add more boost your car, problem-solved.

Trap them Shoot them or call animal control

Poisoning them sucks big time. Years ago we had someone in our neighborhood do this and it was a slow death for our cat. No longer live in a neighborhood so I don't trap, shoot or poison anyone. Live on 15 acres with no neighbors.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Poisoning them would just be cruel.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well then just call animal control. Everything else is ilegal anyhow. I guess it depends on were you live... If you in the city, this is your only legal option.

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
What spoiler do you have? Because factory spoilers are just for looks.

Also, that door thing is cool.

Factory now, but considering 2014 CS, which I thought may have some
drag affect vs stock spoiler (which as you mention is basically like not having one)

Thanks on the door.

Why are the cats at fault for your door, that you forgot about, falling over when you opened the overhead door?

Cool solution though.

If the alley cats are a nuisance and damaging property, call animal control. Dismayed as I am by the end result they would likely be rounded up and euthanized. I love my cat, but cats allowed to go feral are a menace to small animals and birds and cannot be allowed to roam free like that. Cats are prolific deadly hunters in wild form.

Sure cats a cute and cuddly. But a group of wild cats is a problem. It's no different than a pack a of dogs. My dog is a sweat heart and all she wants is to be loved and paid attention too. She is a goober. But if a pack of wild dogs shows up around my property, the gun will come out. I can't have that.

You mean the door I would not have even gotten if it wasn't for the cats. :)
Anyway, I wouldn't call them a pack, in fact I don't ever see any two of them together.

I realize it is the cat owner, not the cat, but I was really pissed at that point. In reality, putting in that screen door was one of my best ideas ever. Keeps out bugs and birds, and best of all, keeps the 2 cars in there from condensating, which used to happen a lot when you open garage door after long winter and say metal is 40 degrees, but outside temp reached 70 or 80 on a super warm early spring day.

Not the damage to my spoiler, the possible swapping to a spoiler that on the surface, appears like it would have more drrag. IE, I assume at speeds well over 100, a CS spoiler would cause more drag than a stock one.

Well then just call animal control. Everything else is ilegal anyhow. I guess it depends on were you live... If you in the city, this is your only legal option.

I live on the end of a dead end street and these people are my only neighbor. I would be starting a war with them, as they would know it was me who called. There is one big benefit, the mouse population getting into my pole barn is WAY down..............

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
You want a spoiler like the one on Paul's car? (psfracer on this forum)

No, but after looking at this entire page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121696448@N03/sets/72157649493275327/

It appears if you have to choose between a CS type spoiler, or stock spoiler,
it looks like stock would be better (with the best being no spoiler I assume??)

I figured by the time a pay to fix and paint the stock spoiler, I could have the CS.
But I've always been more go than show, so I will probably stick with the stock spoiler
just in case (although most of those cars are probably 150 MPH or more, so who really
knows what affect any spoiler has on a 125-130 MPH car).

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
Finding a pre-painted CS spoiler/take off spoiler would sweeten the deal.

Pre-painted one's appear to be non ford parts.
Take off would be cool, if exact color, perfect, local,
etc.., but what are the odds of that.

I may just leave it stock, so I don't have to drill
extra holes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back