Recent "All Fords and mustangs" show

Redrebel13

Reaction score
Recently attended a car show and I have to share that it was perfect weather, well supported by Ford and Mustang owners and enthusiast (hundreds).
A large crowd (thousands) with various food and (nonalcoholic) drink vendors along with the host Ford dealership and the mustang club organizing this event did a fine job. All proceeds went to a local children's charity named Calvary's Children Home.

With that being said and the positives out of the way I have a couple .. car show observations.. I'll call them.
1. There was practically (3 total) no tables where private sellers where I might find deals on used parts. Also I was very surprised that there were very few aftermarket/new parts and car hobby oriented vendors at the show... Like maybe 5 total.
2. There were no family/kid friendly things or amusements. There was no organized car ride or poker run type events planned or at least advertised to go along with this show. For instance a trip to the charity location involved or local businesses that leads me to the next item.
3. Lack of door prizes and auctions for the crowd in attendance. There was a 50/50 drawing but otherwise only registered participants would receive the chance at door prizes and there was ONE item that was auctioned off prior to the handing out of awards (see item 4.)

So my point being in this item is that aside from the show organizers and vendors there seemed to be no local businesses involved which, knowing from my own experience as an organizer of such events, had someone from the car club organization approached various local businesses stating who they are, what they're doing and sharing the name of the charity receiving all proceeds businesses would gladly freely donate items for door prizes and auction.
4. It's 4:00 and most have been at this show since the gates opened and spent the last 6 to 8 hours on their feet or on their seats but primarily in direct sunshine or indirect sunlight with temperatures nearing and over 100 degrees. This is when the awards presentation happens.
.. oh and for everyone who purchased a chance at the 50/50, WHO'S STILL HERE, that drawing (for only about $200) will be done after the awards.. great right? Uh yeah except there was 75 "best in show" awards which in my opinion were no more than participation plaques AND then there were also like 10 or so special awards like best mustang paint, best mustang interior, best show display, best bronco, best pick-up, etc. etc and of course including best in show. Sadly not one special award designated for mine and others V6/cyclone mustangs.
EACH award required calling the awardees name, waiting for the awardee to get up to the table and then individual photos of each award being presented. All before the next awardee would be named. Needless to say me and hundreds of others were miserable, beat and sunbaked by days end.. and for what?
To promote the charity, the car club, the sponsoring dealership and contributing local businesses. To promote Mustangs and mustang ownership as a fun, rewarding and family oriented hobby helps ensure the culture lives on into future generations. To recognize this responsibility and do this promoting effectively organizers should consider doing many things differently in the coming years.

My 22 cents worth.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Personally, I never really ‘got’ car shows. I’d like going and just doing a lap or two to see what’s there but most I went to we’re always more of a pissing contest. Lots of people spending all day just polishing their car and humble-bragging about what they paid to have done on their car.. no thanks.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
There's not much left of the grassroots car culture that you're missing. That's because of affordability and interest which are somewhat linked. Today's hobby: drones, tiktok.

As for the stupid awards and the 50/50 etc... it's always been that way that I've seen, I never hang around for that stuff - if I go to a car show I breeze past 90% of things, maybe see one car that's any good/unique and spend some time with it. If the owner is there and doesn't look too bothered by his or her existence, I might ask them some questions about what they did.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
The last show I went to was right around the start of Covid and it really epitomized the culture around it for me.. there was a large variety of stuff but the crowds were all around the really expensive cars (Lambos, Ferraris, etc.) and everybody was either snapping photos or literally live streaming the crowds. Just stupid, you go to a car show to see cars, not to get likes. The highlight for me was chatting to a guy that had a Challenger with a blower, roll cage and a bunch of other stuff that he had mostly done himself. His car didn’t get much attention but me stopping and asking him about it made his day because he, like myself, was a car guy and not just a show off who happens to own a car!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back