S197H

Reaction score
Try putting the rear wheel to the front. The rears are wider and have a different offset. If anything you could go to the dealership and buy 2 rears so that you’d have a square setup. Unless you want staggered.
My rear tires are 275, the fronts are 255s. I guess I would have to get new tires as well.

xeninworx

Reaction score
My rear tires are 275, the fronts are 255s. I guess I would have to get new tires as well.
Yes that too. Try the swap of rears to front and see how it goes. I guess you like the wheels so not really much options.

S197H

Reaction score
Yes that too. Try the swap of rears to front and see how it goes. I guess you like the wheels so not really much options.
The only other thing is that I don’t know why my wheels hit the studs even after adding spacers that clear the brake calipers.

Blown_S197

Reaction score
Lines: Power Stop BH00115
Cost: 108$ front and rear
I'm about to do this upgrade to my 06 s/c Gt but am hoping someone can confirm the line upgrade. The above kit would be the lines for the s197 shouldnt I purchase BH00116 the lines for the s550 since those are the brakes being used? my understanding is the line to the car is the same but the adapter to the caliper is the change. I am currently running the 19 inch rims from the new mach 1 so I believe the brakes will clear

powerstop s550 brake lines.jpg

s197 powerstop brake lines.jpg

mustang.jpg

steve shaker

Reaction score
Has anybody got the brembo 6 piston to work with 7 spoke saleen wheels? If so what spacer did you use for them?

GriffX

Reaction score
Brake balance is despite ABS still important, you usually brake not so hard that the ABS is used. Let's say you change the 70:30 front rear to 90:10, that means the dynamic weight distribution during light braking is higher than before, leading to less traction of the rear tire. In a curve the car could go into oversteer sooner than with the correct brake balance.
Can be compared to the rear LCA relocation bracket when you lower the car.

yote0

Reaction score
Ford did use a larger master with the 6 piston brakes on S550's. I did on a thread on it a while back here.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/s550-pp-master-on-s197.14230/
This is my concern as well with the six piston setup. Significantly more fluid is needed to move those six pistons. Seems the master cylinder would need to have greater fluid moving capacity.

I did a four piston upgrade on my 14 GT and am very impressed with the much improved braking. Six piston upgrade for a street car is massive overkill and possibly dangerous on a track car with the stock S197 master cylinder.

Zukie06

Reaction score
What is size difference between 4p and 6p calipers? I have set of 4p and just ordered the 13-14 Gt500 rotors. Now I not sure if I got correct rotors after reading post.

yote0

Reaction score
What is size difference between 4p and 6p calipers? I have set of 4p and just ordered the 13-14 Gt500 rotors. Now I not sure if I got correct rotors after reading post.
You need the 14" rotors for the four piston calipers, not the 13/14 GT500 rotors.

2morrow

Reaction score
Hey OP, great thread.

Can you elaborate more on the S550 rotors? How exactly will it not fit and the washer thing? Is it the depth of hardware used?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hey OP, great thread.

Can you elaborate more on the S550 rotors? How exactly will it not fit and the washer thing? Is it the depth of hardware used?

Thanks in advance.
Hey, thanks - so the spacing on the s550 rotors is different it wasnt designed for s197 platform, so you will need washers to push the caliper a bit out so it fits on the rotor and wont rub on it all the time. I dont know the exact spacing because i never tried to put washers on , but i can confirm that it will not fit without those. Gt500 rotors from s197 gt500 are same spacing as our rotors and just larger while being same diameter that 6piston s550 rotors. They dont need any modification and all is plug and play, just go with those

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back