centrifugal s/c questions

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
544 wheel from 10 psi is stout IMO! I bet the car is fun when you wind out. Is it possible to upgrade the transmission to a close ratio T56?

Apparently the guy I know who has a dyno finally fixed it so I can go give things a shot this summer. ~11.5-13 psi is what I see, similar setup, just put boss conrods so I can push things harder. I rev out to 6700 with my 127300 cams. I bet I barely see 550RW.

Jbarker83

Reaction score
You have a nice spread of torque with the curve being virtually flat from 4300-6200rpm. The stock cams & CMCV delete will fatten the curve below ~5000rpm. You'll probably see a small increase in peak TQ and with the peak shifted lower in the rpm range. At 6200rpm you should still have over 500rwhp.

you see the kink in the curve what is that from the cams??

544 wheel from 10 psi is stout IMO! I bet the car is fun when you wind out. Is it possible to upgrade the transmission to a close ratio T56?

Apparently the guy I know who has a dyno finally fixed it so I can go give things a shot this summer. ~11.5-13 psi is what I see, similar setup, just put boss conrods so I can push things harder. I rev out to 6700 with my 127300 cams. I bet I barely see 550RW.

if i pushed it to 6700 rpm id be over 550whp but the rods are weak and i dont drive in that rpm range i was hoping to see more down low than i got with paxton didnt expect roots type low but better than what it is

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
have you made any passes at the track? if so what MPH did you trap?

Jbarker83

Reaction score
have not been to a track car is a nice weather weekend car not really for racing etc. i would like to get up there one day and see

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
you see the kink in the curve what is that from the cams??

Yes, more than likely. Cammed N/A 3Vs typically have a double-hump torque peak with the first hump at ~4400rpm and the second, slightly higher hump at ~5100rpm. That's because the stock intake manifold and 1-5/8" long tube header primaries are tuned to a ~4400rpm torque peak, while the cams are tuned to a ~5100rpm torque peak. Adding a centrifugal supercharger shifts the torque peak even higher as boost increases in proportion to the square of rpm, so your dyno curves are as I'd expect them to be.
Swapping in the stock cams is likely to raise the 4400rpm peak (plus increase torque below the peak), lower the 5100rpm peak (and reduce torque above that peak), and fill out the trough in between making the torque curve almost table top flat over quite a wide range.

Last edited:

Jbarker83

Reaction score
Yes, more than likely. Cammed N/A 3Vs typically have a double-hump torque peak with the first hump at ~4400rpm and the second, slightly higher hump at ~5100rpm. That's because the stock intake manifold and 1-5/8" long tube header primaries are tuned to a ~4400rpm torque peak, while the cams are tuned to a ~5100rpm torque peak. Adding a centrifugal supercharger shifts the torque peak even higher as boost increases in proportion to the square of rpm, so your dyno curves are as I'd expect them to be.
Swapping in the stock cams is likely to raise the 4400rpm peak (plus increase torque below the peak), lower the 5100rpm peak (and reduce torque above that peak), and fill out the trough in between making the torque curve almost table top flat over quite a wide range.

so lower rpm street driving should be better?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
whats your thoughts on the stock tb vs ford 62mm tb is it worth it?

In blow-through FI applications such as a centrifugal supercharger and a turbo, there's little advantage to installing a larger TB whereas in draw-through FI applications such as a PD supercharger (twin screw, TVS, Roots), installing a larger TB (e.g. 60mm GT500 unit) would definitely be worthwhile.

Jbarker83

Reaction score
well cams back to stock and delete plates running a brenspeed email tune car seems to pull better in the low end but ill know for sure when i get my dyno tune in april

Laga

Reaction score
well cams back to stock and delete plates running a brenspeed email tune car seems to pull better in the low end but ill know for sure when i get my dyno tune in april
Lose the Brenspeed tune and have Lito tune it.

jam07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Lose the Brenspeed tune and have Lito tune it.

Did you have problems with a Brenspeed tune? Or a power increase when you switched to a remote tune? I am interested in hearing apples to apples before and after ET's comparing a Brenspeed "canned" email tune and a Lito tune or other remote tune by a well-known tuner. People probably make other changes besides just a different tune, so unlikley there's much in the way of a fair comparison????

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I don’t understand all the Brenspeed hate. I’ve used their custom tunes with multiple configurations sense 2010. Never a problem that did not get solved. Even did some remote tuning when I stepped “outside the box” and my car runs great. Pulled a 10.94@126 and when/if I learn to drive it’ll do better than that.

jam07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, that's why I am asking, MC. I have a brenspeed tune, and it's always worked great and they have been excellent to deal with.

I think that if someone isn't chasing every tenth and they just want a system that comes with a solid tune, and they aren't going to install an AFR gauge and get into all the data logging, then it's a great way to go.

The newer cars are so easy to data log. We have a hellcat and you just plug in the handheld and hit record. There's a little more to the remote tuning for cars like we have. I installed an AFR gauge the other day and the firewire deal, and it was pretty easy. But I still run the Brenspeed tune, but will probably have a dyno shop tune the car when I add a centri blower because I want to do a 93 and a VP110 tune and experiment with a few parts, intakes and TBs.

Laga

Reaction score
I purchased a Edelbrock E-Force from Brenspeed with their tune and it ran ok. I then purchased a set Kooks LT headers with their tune, and it ran ok. I then purchased a set of Detroit Rocker cams with their tune and it ran like shit. The car had to idle for at least 10 minutes before it warmed up enough to back out of the heated garage without dying. It was running so rich, the exhaust burned your eyes if you stood behind the car. Even after it warmed completely , it had a tendency to die at a stop light.
I got zero support from them other than a phone conversation where I was told " You have a supercharged engine with a performance cam. Its going to run like that. You should be here in the morning when we start the cars in the shop, it makes our eyes water. "
I then found Lito, and it was totally different. Not only did the car not die after starting it up, it ran as smooth as silk and was a beast at WOT.
Here is a link to another discussion where I talk about the same issues.
https://www.s197forum.com/threads/bama-or-lund-tuner.137093/page-2#post-2461572

The reason I went with the Detroit Rocker cams was because they were suppose to produce the old school muscle car rumble.
In the thread, I posted videos of the car at idle, the first is the Brenspeed tune. The second is Lito`s. They were done about a week apart and the only difference was the tune. There is a definite improvement.

jam07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Langa, dang, sorry to hear that. I have the Detroit Rocker cams, but just NA. I am not bashing remote tunes; it's what I would do and have done with my other car, especially if you don't have a local tuner you are comfortable with. Those cams do make an old school rumble in my car with the BBK long tubes and high flow cats I have.

Do you have the Detroit Rocker blower cams?

Laga

Reaction score
Yes, everything was discussed with Brenspeed before purchasing. In the past year, I have converted to E85 and OMG has that made a difference. I can’t wait to get it back to the strip and see what it will do.
I was able to do a track day back in June at Autobahn CC. When I was getting my number at tech inspection, the guy told me I had the best sounding car there. Now, if only I could drive as good as the car runs. LOL.

572BDCFE-48B1-4CBF-A506-6691C6556460.jpeg

T400Mustang

Reaction score
I am building a 2007 GT and I am in the process of a Coyote swap, 6R80 trans, 6F Circle D, 3:08 gear, 30 inch tire and a ProCharger P1X. Actually with the converter I would like to leave with next to none boost with that converter. I am using a 2 step and a trans-brake relay. I wondering how this car will launch this way. 10lbs boost max.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back