centrifugal s/c questions

jam07GT

forum member
Reaction score
How did you decide on the P1X rather than the D1X? Just wondering cause I've been looking at the D-1sc or D1X but I have a 4.6.

jam07GT

forum member
Reaction score
I think he means that's a tall tire. With a centri you probably want to keep the rear gear effective ratio down. To do that you can run a lower gear or run a shorter tire, and the easiest thing to do is run a shorter tire, like a 28". Running a taller tire is like running a higher gear rear end, relatively speaking. There are good 28"x10.5 wide choices out there. I like MT's myself.

T400Mustang

Reaction score
I think he means that's a tall tire. With a centri you probably want to keep the rear gear effective ratio down. To do that you can run a lower gear or run a shorter tire, and the easiest thing to do is run a shorter tire, like a 28". Running a taller tire is like running a higher gear rear end, relatively speaking. There are good 28"x10.5 wide choices out there. I like MT's myself.
It's gonna be interesting as I already have the tires installed. I am skeptical on the converter but then maybe that is what I need with the tall tires. With a 5000 stall and 3:08 gear, 30 inch tires and the 6R80 4:17 first gear I am not sure for sure what I am going to get at the launch? The converter may be to loose and I might have to go back to a 5C or?

Jbarker83

Reaction score
So before I get a new dyno tune I'm debating on going from a 3.33 pulley to a 3.25 or 3.125 wondering if it help make a little more boost at every rpm while obviously adding more at peak rpm thoughts?

T400Mustang

Reaction score
I am not sure on the pulley sizing as of yet. That is a question I also have.. I am planning ot talking to Pro-Charger about it.

Jbarker83

Reaction score
i think i would around 13psi max rpm hoping they can detune the car if that would make to much power but help low to mid psi for me

Jbarker83

Reaction score
You have a nice spread of torque with the curve being virtually flat from 4300-6200rpm. The stock cams & CMCV delete will fatten the curve below ~5000rpm. You'll probably see a small increase in peak TQ and with the peak shifted lower in the rpm range. At 6200rpm you should still have over 500rwhp.

did the delete plates and stock cams ended up going from 544whp was the max tune with my cams but tuned down to 507 now stock cams back in and delete plates and got 483whp w/ boostane 507 and went from 430wtq to 420 dyno graphs across the board untill 5k was the same as with the cms cams and stock cmcv :( needed boostane to get my current set up back to 507whp

tuner said i should have kept my cms cams they didnt lose anything and sounded better they only gained so i took the stock cams back out and kept the delete plates in and im even thinking the stock cmcv don't affect performance as the plates lost peak torque and my tuner is a well respected mustang tuner in the north east

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back