Charity laps for Ronald McDonald house @ VIR

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I've already taken the day off. When my son was a patient at Chapel Hill and at St. Judes I don't know what we would have done without the Ronald McDonald house. Sucks that it's on a Friday but what could be better than a day off, helping out a GREAT cause and riding around on that track?!?!?!!?

Charity Laps to Benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities®
Alton, VA <February 6, 2012>

Usher in the spring at VIRginia International Raceway's Open House featuring our Ronald McDonald House Charities® benefit. This is the public's opportunity to take their vehicles onto the historic VIR track while helping others out at the same time.

The Benefit Laps will be held on Friday, March 30th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with the last group taking the track at 3:30 PM that day. The cost is $25 per session, which will last from 20 to 25 minutes. Donations of $25 either in cash or by major credit card will be accepted. TMI AutoTech, Inc. will once again be offering rides in the Ariel Atom - the world's quickest and most unique supercar - for $10 per session. All donations will benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of North Carolina® and RMHC of Roanoke®, and are eligible for tax deduction.

Ronald McDonald House® has allowed families to focus on the health and well being of their critically ill children by keeping families together who are in need of a community of hope, comfort and empathy. Their programs provide families with the comforts of home - private bedrooms, inviting community spaces, daily home-cooked meals and stocked kitchen, a play room, computer room and laundry facilities - as well as a network of support through interactions with other families, staff and volunteers. Families with critically ill children face immense emotional, physical and financial challenges; knowing that Ronald McDonald House Charities® will be there to support them in a safe and caring environment helps to alleviate some of these challenges.

"The Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Carolina and the Roanoke Ronald McDonald House are very excited and proud about our relationship with VIR. This event is a great way for people at the track on March 30th to help seriously ill children and their families stay at 6 of our region's Ronald McDonald Houses. It's a special event where they can help others in need, while they enjoy the experience of driving on this world-class track." - Fred Huebner, President of the Board of Directors, Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Carolina

We invite you to come and join in the fun for a great cause.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Jeff, like I told you - I'll be attending and maybe some of my buddies will tag along too. I told them I'd take them around the track as long as they pay. haha.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I double checked with VIR to make sure but you do not need a helmet or anything for this. There will be a pace car on the track and passing is not allowed. They just want us all to bring our street cars home in one piece.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Jeff, like I told you - I'll be attending and maybe some of my buddies will tag along too. I told them I'd take them around the track as long as they pay. haha.

We are going to leave from the Sandy Ridge Rd. Exit at 9am, there's a Hess Station there that's pretty easy to get in and out of.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
So the plans right now are to meet at the Hess station located at the Sandy Ridge Road exit @ 9:15 then we are going to stop off at MLK to pick up John and another local guy then head out.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to have to play it by ear to meet up. I don't think I can skip out on class early. I get out at 9A usually and then my GPS thing says its about 22 minutes away to the gas station. With a little bit of wiggle room to get a quick breakfast I think I can be there at 9:30a if that is OK. Sorry for the change!!!!

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I may actually go, but 9.30 would work better for me as well. Would still depend on whether or not I could take a day off.

Sleeper_GT

forum member
Reaction score
Can't wait. I'll be at the car wash. Not "Work'n at the wash, work'n as a car washer", but waiting. LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back