Chasing a vibration

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Manual that I have been chasing a vibration on. It seems to really come on at 80mph. I was running an aluminum shaft and swapped back in the stock shaft but the vibration was still there. Set the pinion angle to a -1. Got a bit better but not a whole lot. On a whim I had the stock shaft balanced, and it was really off, I threw it back in. Bingo, nice and smooth everywhere and was smooth as glass right up through 115, But, on the deceleration there seems to be quite a bit from north of that 115 down to about 80. I'm gonna send the aluminum shaft back to the manufacturer for a balance but has anyone experienced the deceleration vibration?

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
In for the same exact reason. I get it right at 80. Did flywheel/clutch and DS is getting balance. I am leaning towards tires/rims.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
In for the same exact reason. I get it right at 80. Did flywheel/clutch and DS is getting balance. I am leaning towards tires/rims.

Is yours on acceleration and decel?

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Is yours on acceleration and decel?

it used to be on accel and more noticeable on decel but after clutch/flywheel change is only at about 80 mph very light but on decel. Almost like u-join or bad pinion angle like if I had too much negative pinion. I had my pinion angle all the way up to verify if it was the problem but it didn't change. Like I said I think it is tires worn out. The tires are from July 2010.

My Drive shaft is getting repair/balance and the yoke is change to the new DIY yoke in case I need to swap the drive shaft to the two piece stock one to check on the vibration again.

after all this repairs I should finally find the problem.

travelers

Reaction score
Did your rear come with the extra weights on the ends and did you remove them?

Blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Reaction score
If your car is lowered your pinion angle should be -2 not. -1...reset it to that and see if it goes away!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back