CHE vs BMR relo brackets

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago i attempted to install the CHE brackets. When i bought them it was my understanding they were a "bolt-in" application. Turned out that, because of manufacturing variables, there could be some needed enlarging of the bolt holes. which resulted in this kind of mayhem

That is the driver side that bent because of my screw up from alot of frustration!
this is the passenger side that i was able to get on with a few hours of grinding and testing. (i was scared to grind out to much that why it took me so long)

after all this i said screw it and ordered some BMR relocation brackets because from what i read they are a "true bolt in" design.
Recieved them yesterday along with some LCA's and a panhard bar. WENT IN LIKE A CHARM JUST LIKE IT SHOULD i think anyways.

Alot of people run the CHE's with alot of success..i just think i got a bad set. you can see how beefy both brackets are

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago i attempted to install the CHE brackets. When i bought them it was my understanding they were a "bolt-in" application. Turned out that, because of manufacturing variables, there could be some needed enlarging of the bolt holes. which resulted in this kind of mayhem

That is the driver side that bent because of my screw up from alot of frustration!
this is the passenger side that i was able to get on with a few hours of grinding and testing. (i was scared to grind out to much that why it took me so long)

after all this i said screw it and ordered some BMR relocation brackets because from what i read they are a "true bolt in" design.
Recieved them yesterday along with some LCA's and a panhard bar. WENT IN LIKE A CHARM JUST LIKE IT SHOULD i think anyways.

Alot of people run the CHE's with alot of success..i just think i got a bad set. you can see how beefy both brackets are

Glad it all worked out for you.

I've replaced just about everything under my car with their stuff and it all went in without drama. Very well engineered gear.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
^ weird.

Can't say we have that issue very often. If the factory spec is out/ off enough for one set of brackets to fit improperly, I am curious to know why another brand bolts right on....even with more mounting points. Hmmm

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I just installed a set of the CHE brackets on the girlfriend's '08 Shelby and I was definitely happy to have a rubber mallet and a Dremel tool available for the install.
The driver side went in with just using the mallet to get the bolt through.
The passenger side required me to enlarge one hole on the bracket for the bolt to go through.

They seemed high quality, I plan on putting the car on ramps tomorrow (unless it rains all day again like it did today) and re-checking everything, then take it for a shakedown roadtest.

The 528 RWHP and 531 RWTQ should help test those brackets :D

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
ya i didnt see that til i bought them, the driver side was REALLLLLYYYY far off for me to be comfortable.

Probably a call to Chuck@CHE would have resolved it. Ask Mr. BMR in here. If his parts have issues he would rather people call him and keep it off the forums. :highfive:

That is not a dig at you just what some prefer. If it is wrong they would like to fix it.

I can say on each car my brackets were installed on, they fit well and stood up to 3+ years of Hell at the track.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
It seems as if maybe it's due to the way the passenger side bracket is designed. It looks like it is relying on quite a few tolerances to be exact.

The only issue I see doing the grinding deal, other than inconvenience, would be throwing thrust angle off.

rayS197

Reaction score
A search on this forum might have helped as this has been discussed several times. Just like any job, use the right tool for the job. CHE brackets have a tight tolerance for a reason. A product where you would not want to fit sloppy and loose. Same with the Axle brace.
For future reference use a drift pin to align holes that are off center. One thread mentioned the BMR A-Arm brace holes not being aligned. Same thing applies.
Drift pin/ alignment tool :
http://www.toolbarn.com/klein-3251.html

Last edited:

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
I've had the CHE ones for awhile.. I must have gotten lucky (for once) and everything went right in with alittle bit of muscle.

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
A search on this forum might have helped as this has been discussed several times. Just like any job, use the right tool for the job. CHE brackets have a tight tolerance for a reason. A product where you would not want to fit sloppy and loose. Same with the Axle brace.
For future reference use a drift pin to align holes that are off center. One thread mentioned the BMR A-Arm brace holes not being aligned. Same thing applies.
Drift pin/ alignment tool :
http://www.toolbarn.com/klein-3251.html

I understand that...the holes were FAR off from spec to a point I did not feel comfortable using them. The driver side was worse. With the amount of enlarging I needed to dothe bracket would of have plenty of room to move back and fourth. I should have called che like wbt said because these brackets are very beefy. Oh well the BMR ones fit like a glove

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I've had the CHE ones for awhile.. I must have gotten lucky (for once) and everything went right in with alittle bit of muscle.

+1!

I installed my CHE relo brackets a while back, and although my memory isn't what it used to be, I don't recall having any major issues. And they have served me well ever since the install, with no issues. Of course, whenever installing any suspension component, I have found that nothing ever really goes in easily, and a hammer, a prybar, and leverage are your friends!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back