choosing right exhaust w/ my kooks!!

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, yes, done all the research I can handle so I'm just going to ask lol.

I'm planning on getting the Kooks 1 3/4 with the 3" collector going into a 3" H pipe. Here is what I want out of an exhaust (like 80% of the people here) LOUD, clean, no trumpet, no raspy, deep loud rumble at idle and will explode at WOT.

Question is, with this setup, whats the best axleback to get in order to accoplish this AND cats or no cats?

Opinions? Thanks to all!!
Currently running FRPP shorties, bassani catted X, and bassani race axleback. Quite frankly, way to quiet for me.

Jeffs FRC

forum member
Reaction score
IMO, get the offroad X and keep the Bassani's. I have the race version like you and with an ORX at wot they absolutely scream...

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If your doing 1 3/4 headers and 3 midpipe, why not do 3 '' the rest of the way back.
magnaflow, stainless works and dynomax make some 3 inch back kits.

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
I was thinking about the magnaflow but I wasn't sure if a straight through design would sound good. Also, if I did go that route, I was wondering if it would sound like ass if I did a o/r H.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I'm on vacation right now but I plan on taking some sound clips of my set-up when I get back. I just installed the 1 3/4" Kooks headers and their 3" catted H pipe and I have the FRPP stingers and I absolutely love the sound. To put it in the words of my neighbor, he said when I started up the car and he heard it the first time "his junk moved". I laughed my ass off when he said that. It's a bit loud on start up then when the idle calms down it's extremely deep and mellow. Very refined when driving around calmly and when I get on it, it just sounds incredible. No trumpeting, just sounds mean.

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
The stingers seem like a popular setup with this combo. I would love to get some sound clips. It's probably between this and the full 3" magnaflow. Just can't find any sound clips of the combos I'm looking for.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The stingers seem like a popular setup with this combo. I would love to get some sound clips. It's probably between this and the full 3" magnaflow. Just can't find any sound clips of the combos I'm looking for.
Jason,

Click on my Video in my Signature to hear the Kooks LT's with 3" Magnapacks.

You can View Pics of all of it in my Build Signature Link.
Sorry, I just saw where IMBOC is Down for Maintenance.
Sorry, IMBOC IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE

Terry

Last edited:

bullitt boy

Reaction score
I have the Kooks L/T with high flow catted H with SLP power flows the car sounds great . Loud enough on start up to sound real mean tones down at idle and really opens up at WOT.

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
Jason,

Click on my Video in my Signature to hear the Kooks LT's with 3" Magnapacks.

You can View Pics of all of it in my Build Signature Link.
Sorry, I just saw where IMBOC is Down for Maintenance.
Sorry, IMBOC IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE

Terry

Exactly was I was looking for! Got a stroked motor but not cammed like yours :hi: I'll get to that down the road lol. What mid pipe are you running?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Exactly was I was looking for! Got a stroked motor but not cammed like yours :hi: I'll get to that down the road lol. What mid pipe are you running?
Jason,

Sorry that IMBOC is down for Maintenance as you could see the Complete Build.

Here are some Pics for you.

Kooks LT's W/High Flow Cats and H-Pipe into the 3" Magnaflow Exhaust.

1026091208.jpg

1030091729-1.jpg

1030091725a.jpg

1026091313.jpg

1026091333.jpg

1026091215.jpg

1026091511a.jpg

1028090948.jpg

1028091203.jpg

1028091322.jpg

terryburn22.jpg

terryburn32.jpg

fef2010bullittpics72-1-1.jpg

Terry

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Here's the clips I said I'd take. I took some audio with a mike outside the car with a cold startup and a few revs, and there's a takeoff. The video is of course in car.

Audio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZqFO7wFlFs

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgoRScPX9QE

These are the 1 3/4" lt's, 3" catted H mid-pipe and FRPP stinger mufflers. My motor is a 302 stroker @ 9.3:1 compression & stock heads. Waiting for a blower.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
My friend has the followign on his car and it sounds really good but on the conservative side.
Kooks long tube headers
Kooks Hi-Flo catted H-midpipe
Bassani SS Street mufflers

Another friend used to run Kooks LT's, OR H and stingera and the car was loud as F@#K!

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response guys, been in Kuwait for the last 2 weeks. I think I'm still gunna stick with tigerhonaker's setup. It's exactly what I was looking for.

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response guys, been in Kuwait for the last 2 weeks. I think I'm still gunna stick with tigerhonaker's setup. It's exactly what I was looking for.

I think you should go with borla stingers

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Jason,

I can assure you there will be No-Doubt in anyones mind that your Mustang is a V/8.

Just listen to the Video of mine and that I think will give you a really good
idea on what to expect.

Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back