cleaning glass

KryptonKnight

forum member
Reaction score
My detailing woes are with glass. I used 3 coats of Rain X and it streaked badly. I called Rain X and the guy had me check the bottle for the City listed. It was Cleveland. He tells me that it was an old bottle and to throw it away. It seems there is a shelf life to it though no expiration date is listed. He said to always buy the smallest quantity possible. Anyway the only way he ever found to remove it was to use soft scrub; yeah, that is a cleanser. Ugg, frightening but I did it and it worked sorta. Others have told me to wax the windows just as I do the ride. I only use detailer and the car was Diamond Glossed by Z Bart. What do you do or use to get and keep the glass clean inside and out? Thanks

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Simoniz glass foam...If I have crap thatwont come off Ive used some real fine steel wool...

rosco

Curves, got to love em!
Reaction score
After years of windex, rain-X and other window and glass cleaners I am sold on the following.
Wash the window with Dawn, and then use Windex to finish taking all the dirt out of the pits should you have any and then apply several coats of wax. Yes I said wax. Once it cures and you buff it out there will be no streaks and nothing sticks to it. Rain and water bead up great. Your wipers don't scream when the window is dry.
I have used Zmax, Eagle1 and right now have Zaino on the windows. The bugs just wipe off with a microfiber cloth. The dry bug guts come loose with Zaino Z-6 and buffs right back to a clear shine.

I know what some will say, but it works for me.:stfu:

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
I use deionized water as the washer fluid, so when I clean the windows with the wipers it will not spot in the places it oversprays to. When I wax, I wax the car then take a microfiber cloth to remove the wax from the car then use that cloth to wipe the windows, it deposits just enough wax on the windows to make them bead with out residue.

Hope you end up getting that old rainx off.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back